Match Thread Brentford v Everton - Match Report, MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
…whilst it’s hard to deny Brentford deserved a draw, it was such a shame we conceded so late.

Everybody put in a real shift, it must have been so tough in that heat but we didn’t wilt. Actually thought we were upside down for much of the first half with some decent possession play in the top third but wide open to the counter in defence. 2nd half really under the cosh, defending for the cause, such a shame Gray couldn’t convert the excellent Onana set-up.

Pickford did well, much improved from McNeil (thought he looked composed, I’d like him to pull the trigger more when he’s around the box). Onana is such a prospect. Gordon tireless and a terrific finish edges my MoM.

We drew with a team that beat a team who were second last season who just beat a team 9-0

You do the math
So you're saying we've just won the FA Cup, qualified for the Grand National and completed EuroVision with eleventyseveral points in 23st place?!?!...... Or is my calculator broken again

index.webp

It's a point more than we managed against them last season, so that's something.

Not losing away from home, that's also good.

So, we're now 3 games unbeaten in a row (so positive...)
All factually true.

If only there weren't 16 of 20 teams above us in the league I might get a lil more excited...

Disappointing to not close it out but on the face it, a decent enough draw away from home at a horrible place to play. They smashed Utd 4-0. Anything other than a defeat is a positive. Hopefully Holgate isn't out for too long. He played well again today. Lovely ball by Coady and neat finish by Gordon. Need a few more new faces before the transfer deadline passes. Big week coming up in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back