Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we first bought Baines, I was concerned about the price and didn't think he was a very good defender, I don't think Oviedo is that good or anything, but it shows players can surprise you.

Slating Oviedo at this stage reeks of scapegoating. Now Osman has been dropped lets **** off the guy who has been decent every time he's played and patiently waited for his chance like a proper pro. Give the lad chance FFS.

Slating Oviedo at this stage reeks of scapegoating. Now Osman has been dropped lets **** off the guy who has been decent every time he's played and patiently waited for his chance like a proper pro. Give the lad chance FFS.

I'm not sure were the decent part comes in. He's been that decent I can only remember one pass that lead to anything decent.

I have only seen glimpses of Oviedo and thought in that brief look that he looked a decent attacking/construction player but a lightweight defender (deconstruction of opponent play) being knocked off the ball too readily.
My pick to replace Baines? The same as Roberto's

Why is anyone questioning who should play left back pretty sure if your first place player iisnt available you use you back up

the lads sat on the bench had a few decent substitute appearance and waited for a chance don't be suprized if he has a blinder because hes playing to secure his place in a world cup year and try and secure a place in the squad
remember Baines is one of the best left backs in the world don't you think he looks worse because what your comparing him to

Last edited:
Baines = class
Oviedo = decent

Barry's played left back in the past ( and obv.on Saturday ), so has Distin but Oviedo will, quite rightly, start against Stoke, I'd stake Goats supply of pasties for 2014 on it.

Last edited:
Shocking to me that anyone does not think this is Oviedo's chance. Just because he doesn't make the bench doesn't mean Roberto doesn't rate him how often do we anticipate subbing baines? Not worth occupyingna spot on the bench with someone who likely won't come in. Just the reality of being behind our best player on the depth chart.

I think with Baines out, Bryan deserves his chance. Although I wouldn't be against three centre backs or Barry at lb for the Stoke game due to their penchant for booting the ball as high and long upfield as is humanly possible. Barry lb with Barkley and James CM would leave us with a sizeable defensive unit, still capable of playing nice togger.

I think with Baines out, Bryan deserves his chance. Although I wouldn't be against three centre backs or Barry at lb for the Stoke game due to their penchant for booting the ball as high and long upfield as is humanly possible. Barry lb with Barkley and James CM would leave us with a sizeable defensive unit, still capable of playing nice togger.

I'm pretty sure we will see Gaz Baz at left back and Barkley in the middle. Oviedo on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back