Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
there isnt enough in that video to say hes good enough for Everton.

btw Naismith isnt good enough for Everton and he scored that day,

Yes, but there is plenty enough evidence to say that Oviedo deserves more chances in the Everton first team. That was an impressive performance and it was only his first start in the premier league!

it was an ok performance, if you think thats impressive than you have lower standards than me.

Okay, let's say, 'IF Bryan gets at least 180min's whilst Bainsey's out AND doesn't make a major defensive error in that time AND gets more assists/min than Baines or Coleman this season', would you consider that up to your impeccable standards or below?

I'd like to see him given a chance. If he doesn't feature now I can't see him making it for Everton. He's the only other natural LB we have

You know what, I think you don't even know what you're talking about. As I sit here trying to think back to some Oviedo performances in the league for us, the game against Norwich last year came to mind. I thought I remembered him being quite impressive in that match, so I did a quick google search and what did I find? Have a look.. see for yourself...

[video=youtube;3zvxyRkab4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvxyRkab4M[/video]

3 cross from left mid in the whole game seemingly - hardly setting the world alight. If anything, this video of his performance against the mighty Norwich shows that he could do a decent job on the right wing.

Left back? Not for me thanks.

Surely it's Oviedo at left back lads, surprised anyone thinks otherwise - he's decent. Not Baines or even Coleman levels, but pretty damn good for an everton reserve fullback.
I haven't seen Stones play left back but like everyone I like the kid. If Oviedo was a 16 yr old out of the academy it might be different but he's an international isn't he? Personally, I wouldn't shoe horn Stones into a position he's not all that comfortable in when we have a proper left back sat on the bench.

Surely it's Oviedo at left back lads, surprised anyone thinks otherwise - he's decent. Not Baines or even Coleman levels, but pretty damn good for an everton reserve fullback.
I haven't seen Stones play left back but like everyone I like the kid. If Oviedo was a 16 yr old out of the academy it might be different but he's an international isn't he? Personally, I wouldn't shoe horn Stones into a position he's not all that comfortable in when we have a proper left back sat on the bench.

Oviedo hasn't shown anything to step in Baines shoes at fullback. If we want to be competing Barry should play there. Something which he did for a long time in his early career. He has thousands of miles experience in the premier league and didn't look out of depth when he moved there on Saturday. He looked solid.

Oviedo hasn't shown anything to step in Baines shoes at fullback. If we want to be competing Barry should play there. Something which he did for a long time in his early career. He has thousands of miles experience in the premier league and didn't look out of depth when he moved there on Saturday. He looked solid.

Barry is probably the slowest player in the league and is crucial to us in midfield. Oviedo's chance, it's a no-brainer.

I just can't believe that some are treating him like Bily/Jelly/Gueye/Neville when he's hardly had a chance, and when he has, he's looked okay.

Barry is probably the slowest player in the league and is crucial to us in midfield. Oviedo's chance, it's a no-brainer.

Soon see on Saturday. Barry is not "crucial " in the middle as shown Saturday. Barkley can play there and very well. I really can't see Oviedo getting the nod. In terms of appearances this season.Martinez doesn't rate him. If Distin was to play there he would have moved him across on Saturday so it won't be him. I'm saying it will be Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back