Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it would. It's nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Ehh, why? A week of training is not going to make him an adequate left back. If Liverpool had converted one of their gilt-edged chances after he was placed there, no one would even be suggesting he start a subsequent game at LB.

Ehh, why? A week of training is not going to make him an adequate left back. If Liverpool had converted one of their gilt-edged chances after he was placed there, no one would even be suggesting he start a subsequent game at LB.

Barry played left back previously in his career, he's actually played a variety of positions. The main issue with his performance there on Saturday was that he drifted into midfield on occasion and wasn't playing the role of a left back strictly enough. That would absolutely be helped by knowing you're playing that position from the start, and having a week of training with the team playing that position.

Moving there with half an hour left to play is a whole different scenario.

this is like Bily all over again. the time on the pitch so far proves hes not good enough yet.

the few times I've seen him playing first team football in a blue shirt, I think he has looked good. Definitely left me wanting to see more. Give him a game I say!

Like Bily, he just wasnt good enough/

You know what, I think you don't even know what you're talking about. As I sit here trying to think back to some Oviedo performances in the league for us, the game against Norwich last year came to mind. I thought I remembered him being quite impressive in that match, so I did a quick google search and what did I find? Have a look.. see for yourself...

[video=youtube;3zvxyRkab4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvxyRkab4M[/video]

You know what, I think you don't even know what you're talking about. As I sit here trying to think back to some Oviedo performances in the league for us, the game against Norwich last year came to mind. I thought I remembered him being quite impressive in that match, so I did a quick google search and what did I find? Have a look.. see for yourself...

there isnt enough in that video to say hes good enough for Everton.

btw Naismith isnt good enough for Everton and he scored that day,

That assist for the goal was cracking

Barry played left back previously in his career, he's actually played a variety of positions. The main issue with his performance there on Saturday was that he drifted into midfield on occasion and wasn't playing the role of a left back strictly enough. That would absolutely be helped by knowing you're playing that position from the start, and having a week of training with the team playing that position.

Moving there with half an hour left to play is a whole different scenario.

He hasn't played left back regularly for more than 10 years. He's 32, has lost a step (and was never the quickest anyway). The main issue with his performance there Saturday was that he wasn't tracking the right-sided forward for Liverpool and was badly exposed for pace.

Look, he's wildly influential in the center of the park so I'm not trying to bash the guy, but he is not a left back at this point and will be badly exposed if he's put there for an extended period of time. He's played centerback too but no one is suggesting he play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back