Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's give him a chance against Stoke and see how the lad does. Question to you all - If he plays sh*te against Stoke what would you do against United?

I've only seen oviedo play once (fulham) and cannot recall the chant

Oviedo baby! To the human league song.

I'm excited to see him play. I think he's ready to come in and have a go. If he comes in and does what we require then it shows there can be life after Leighton. No disrespect to Leighton but a bit of competition is healthy and Oviedo knows that he has this massive opportunity to make his claim. I'm fully behind him and I know he can do it.

Plus I got excited when I seem Romelu smash that free kick on Saturday. I wanna see more of that.

Oviedo baby! To the human league song.

I'm excited to see him play. I think he's ready to come in and have a go. If he comes in and does what we require then it shows there can be life after Leighton. No disrespect to Leighton but a bit of competition is healthy and Oviedo knows that he has this massive opportunity to make his claim. I'm fully behind him and I know he can do it.

Plus I got excited when I seem Romelu smash that free kick on Saturday. I wanna see more of that.

That song is boss, i remember singing it at Anfield when he was warming up.

Barry and Distin both better choice than Oviedo for me. We have plenty of cover at CB and Ross and Osman can play in the middle. Rather not the latter. But even if Osman was to play there it would be better than Oviedo. Who has shown no sign of being upto it for me.

Heitinga or "just back from Injury" alcaraz up against Stokes grocks - no chance

As for Osman at LB ahead of Oviedo - you are just saying ANYTHING to win a debate now.

I said I'd rather Osman played in the midde of the park than bring Oviedo in. You must have read wrong.

Oviedo is going to be a good player, methinks. I think he is a good backup LB already and will grow to be better, but putting a very small full-back who is quite young and hasn't had much match experience up against Stoke, and more particularly, Marko Arnautovic (i imagine he'll be the one bombing it down the right and he is terrifying to watch) is not a good idea. I reckon you want to get Stones at LB, or Barry at LB. Wouldn't risk Alcaraz yet but it wouldn't be too bad if he played CB and Distin played LB.

Time may show the wiser mate, but we shouldn't weaken the rest of the team imo :)

I don't think moving Barry to left back will weaken the team. I've banged on about Barry and McCarthy partnership being underwhelming going forward. When Barry went to left back and Ross dropped in we looked ROSS going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back