Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think his 25 international caps should be overlooked, ok it was for costa rica..but high pressure qualification games, good experience

i dont think his 25 international caps should be overlooked, ok it was for costa rica..but high pressure qualification games, good experience

Costa Rica is the second best team in North America right now, and he's one of their most consistent performers. I think he's our best option in Baines' absence. Keep Barry in his best position.

They play in different positions to be fair

Plus, if Oviedo is the back up to Baines, why would Martinez play him if Baines is fit?

Baines is hurt so now Oviedo can step up and I, for one, am looking forward to see him get a chance should that chance arise

Why do you think Oviedo should be given time to prove himself, despite showing nothing of note at any point yet Deulofeu, who has done more in half the number of games, you dismiss as not being good enough? Seems moderately blinkered based on little evidence.

Or, do you just have a soft spot for Oviedo?

Why do you think Oviedo should be given time to prove himself, despite showing nothing of note at any point yet Deulofeu, who has done more in half the number of games, you dismiss as not being good enough? Seems moderately blinkered based on little evidence.

Or, do you just have a soft spot for Oviedo?

If you claim Oviedo has shown 'nothing of note' then you either haven't been watching him or are yourself somewhat blinkered mate

If you claim Oviedo has shown 'nothing of note' then you either haven't been watching him or are yourself somewhat blinkered mate

What has she shown that marks him out as anything other than a backup player? I don't think he's thoroughly awful but I don't think he's someone to become a regular first team player. I really haven't seen anything that stands out from him?

I think at times he has looked decent but other times very average. maybe a run in the team will bring the best out of him.

Costa Rica is the second best team in North America right now, and he's one of their most consistent performers. I think he's our best option in Baines' absence. Keep Barry in his best position.

I think this can give us hope he can step up. Also, I wonder whether coming in for an injured Baines (with the opportunity for a possible run in the side) is a bit different mentally to coming in for a league cup game. With a genuine chance to impress he may lift his game.

On the downside the only time i've seen him live (Fulham away in league cup) I thought he was poor. Hid from receiving the ball which caused Distin problems when playing out from the back and when he got it in a tight situation seemed lightweight. Perhaps these are both things that could be solved with some match time though.

What has she shown that marks him out as anything other than a backup player? I don't think he's thoroughly awful but I don't think he's someone to become a regular first team player. I really haven't seen anything that stands out from him?

From what i've seen, he's fast, can take players on, and works hard mate. He's shown brief weaknesses in positioning and strength, hopefully these attributes are either distorted or have been remedied.
We COULD work around it using other members of the team, but imo we should give him a chance 'cos he may really surprise us, and everyone else needs to concentrate on delivering for 90min's in their own core positions in RM's system .

Don't let me and Mikey down Bryan, ffs!

:)

Barring a tactical switch, I think Oviedo gets the nod to start. What he does with his chance is quite another discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back