Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
he sorta is, if barry goes to left back - deulofeu will prob play, if oviedo plays left back barry will stay in midfield and deulofeu will remain on the bench

i think

Barry isn't going to LB, why weaken yourself in two positions? He played LB in the derby because Oviedo wasn't on the bench.

Ye, lets play our first choice Cb or DM (both of which we have no real cover for) in the place of our actuall back-up international left-back?!?!

Our first choice CB is likely to be club captain and England international CB Phil Jagielka.

And I agree Gareth Barry is a quality DM, however it's not just a case of like for like as was shown on Saturday (which you have seem to have forgotten).

Barkley was utterly superb in a more withdrawn CM role on Saturday, even sitting more withdrawn to allow McCarthy to go further. So therefore by playing Barry at LB against Stoke would give us the opportunity to give Deulofeu a start.

Re: distin, he performed the job of lb well when baines was injured last, including a decent performance against man utd.

These points may be lost on you, or you may simply disagree, but there's no need to have a Wendy just because my opinion differs from yours!

Ye, lets play our first choice Cb or DM (both of which we have no real cover for) in the place of our actuall back-up international left-back?!?!

Barry and Distin both better choice than Oviedo for me. We have plenty of cover at CB and Ross and Osman can play in the middle. Rather not the latter. But even if Osman was to play there it would be better than Oviedo. Who has shown no sign of being upto it for me.

Our first choice CB is likely to be club captain and England international CB Phil Jagielka.

And I agree Gareth Barry is a quality DM, however it's not just a case of like for like as was shown on Saturday (which you have seem to have forgotten).

Barkley was utterly superb in a more withdrawn CM role on Saturday, even sitting more withdrawn to allow McCarthy to go further. So therefore by playing Barry at LB against Stoke would give us the opportunity to give Deulofeu a start.

Re: distin, he performed the job of lb well when baines was injured last, including a decent performance against man utd.

These points may be lost on you, or you may simply disagree, but there's no need to have a Wendy just because my opinion differs from yours!

Fair enough. I personally think it would be mental to break our defensive midfield and Cb pairings to shoe one in at LB when we have and international one on our books who has looked Ok and only really had one bad game.

Barry and Distin both better choice than Oviedo for me. We have plenty of cover at CB and Ross and Osman can play in the middle. Rather not the latter. But even if Osman was to play there it would be better than Oviedo. Who has shown no sign of being upto it for me.

Heitinga or "just back from Injury" alcaraz up against Stokes grocks - no chance

As for Osman at LB ahead of Oviedo - you are just saying ANYTHING to win a debate now.

Oviedo hasn't had much confidence shown in him just yet, but then again he is back up to a pretty decent defender. He has been tried out further up the field and at times look okay and other times poor. He is a decent crosser of the ball and not afraid to take his man on. I was optimistic about him in the summer, really thinking he could push on but in the time he has had on the field he seems to have regressed, but it's difficult to judge with such a short anount of game time.

People saying he isn't good enough really don't know that for sure yet. He is an international left-back which we paid some money for so he should be given a run out now that Baines is out. Then we will see. He is a squad member so lets use him.

As somebody above said, we are not going to lose the league by giving him a proper chance. He wont be disastrous and might even give us a pleasant surprise and make the possible departure of Baines a little less worrying. Might being the operative word there...

Oviedo hasn't had much confidence shown in him just yet, but then again he is back up to a pretty decent defender. He has been tried out further up the field and at times look okay and other times poor. He is a decent crosser of the ball and not afraid to take his man on. I was optimistic about him in the summer, really thinking he could push on but in the time he has had on the field he seems to have regressed, but it's difficult to judge with such a short anount of game time.

People saying he isn't good enough really don't know that for sure yet. He is an international left-back which we paid some money for so he should be given a run out now that Baines is out. Then we will see. He is a squad member so lets use him.

As somebody above said, we are not going to lose the league by giving him a proper chance. He wont be disastrous and might even give us a pleasant surprise and make the possible departure of Baines a little less worrying. Might being the operative word there...

Sensible post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back