Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Baines out, Bryan deserves his chance. Although I wouldn't be against three centre backs or Barry at lb for the Stoke game due to their penchant for booting the ball as high and long upfield as is humanly possible. Barry lb with Barkley and James CM would leave us with a sizeable defensive unit, still capable of playing nice togger.
They're not Barcelona but they have changed their style a fair bit since Pulis left.

It'll be a straight swap - Oviedo for Baines. And we will tonk Stoke 5-1. McCarthy, Lukaku brace, Barkley, and Gerry.

But, to the point of the conversation, unlike Moyes, I think Bobby likes to play players in the proper position, and Oviedo is an attacking left back, has pace and should link up well with Pienaar

If Oviedo doesn't start at LB, he should go into RM's office and say "why the f--k am I on the team?" Mind you, I am not saying he should start. (I simply don't know enough about him to make an assessment.) I am just saying that if he doesn't start than he really needs to get to a team where he can actually play. Because if he can't get on the field against Stoke at home when the only other player who plays his position is injured, than when does he get on the field?

I'm pretty sure we will see Gaz Baz at left back and Barkley in the middle. Oviedo on the bench

This seems possible, where he used to play for Villa right? Anyway I think for most games Oviedo could expect to find himself starting but stoke is always tricky defensively although Manu and Arsenal away won't be an easy introduction either spose he'll have to be chucked in at some point, I think like most that he's looked okay, better going forwards than defending though.

If Oviedo doesn't start at LB, he should go into RM's office and say "why the f--k am I on the team?" ... if he can't get on the field against Stoke at home when the only other player who plays his position is injured, than when does he get on the field?

January?

I'd be surprised, but if he doesn't start then obviously Roberto knows best

He's going to play 3 at the back, isn't he?

giphy.gif

Hasn't played badly. He's quicker than Baines, too. Everyone raves about the Baines-Pienaar tandem, but given Pienaar's surprising lack of pace for a smaller player, Oviedo adds something in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back