Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a good game with his goal and assist. Would be very naive to think he's ready to step in should Baines move on.He was never tested, Brek Shea an John Walters. They were the worst side to visit Goodison this season.
Mate, if you remember the convoluted arguments we've had in this thread, they were essentially 'should Oviedo be given the chance to play against Stoke'. Nothing to do with long term replacement of Bainsey. If you said no, and I believe you may have, admit that you were wrong to do so, for your own sake, one learns from ones mistakes.

[/B]

He hasnt earned it yet tbh mate. He looked very good going forward and Im made up for him scoring. When he comes up against someone who isnt gash and does OK people wil have more faith.

Precisely. He did great today, but let's see how he fares against Valencia in what is a big game for both clubs playing in a hostile atmosphere where he may well spend a lot of the game defending.

[/B]

He hasnt earned it yet tbh mate. He looked very good going forward and Im made up for him scoring. When he comes up against someone who isnt gash and does OK people wil have more faith.
Yeah well I don't mean replace Baines kind of trust, I mean just have faith that he's not gash. He was excellent against Stoke, who's to say if he won't be great against whoever? Everyone's still with the opinion that he's awful even though he just had a great game.

I am so glad Martinez is not Moyes, as a lot of people here have a lot of Moyes-like thinking, and it's just bad. Just be happy and support our players ffs!

By the same lack of trust - Barkley first had a good game against Norwich, but it was only Norwich lads, let's not fool ourselves, he'll be awful against better opposition. Which is basically what Moyes thought last year vs Blackburn.

He had a good game with his goal and assist. Would be very naive to think he's ready to step in should Baines move on.He was never tested, Brek Shea an John Walters. They were the worst side to visit Goodison this season.

Mate I would rather give credit to a fine performance rather than come up with a statement that stoke were the worse team to visit Goodison this season. I didn't think West Brom were that good just that Everton were not very good on the day and nowhere near as good as we played today.

Yeah he can't step up cuz he only had a good game against Stoke, and as we know when Baines is in the side we play Real Madrid and he goes man vs. man against Cristiano Ronaldo every week...

You can only play whoever you're up against, and he didn't look bad at all when he had to do anything, so it's beyond me why people are still not trusting him.

Was great today.

Still not sure I'd fancy him away to United, though. Stoke's winger was sh*te. But you can only defend whoever you're up against, I suppose.

I said that. But maybe people aren't trusting him because he hasn't done anything to gain our trust, yet. If he does the same against United or Arsenal I'll climb right into his arse.

Took his chance and deserves another now; Wednesday will be completely different for him. That's when we find out how good he really is. Seems like a very, very dependable understudy to Baines though.

241oxhw.jpg

I said that. But maybe people aren't trusting him because he hasn't done anything to gain our trust, yet. If he does the same against United or Arsenal I'll climb right into his arse.
Didn't see that, like, sorry x.

Well as I said - not climbing up his arse, just saying he had a fine game rather than "but stoke are crap hurrr", cuz there have been games against lesser opposition where Baines hasn't really turned up either.

We can just be patient and see what he can do. Maybe he'll prove a lot of people wrong, maybe that game was just a one-off. Hopefully he comes good, consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back