Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowt wrong with introducing your young players against the "weaker" teams. Oveido had his chance today and grabbed it. He's ready for a run in the team. It's the only way we'll really know how good he is and how good he might become.

Didn't see that, like, sorry x.

Well as I said - not climbing up his arse, just saying he had a fine game rather than "but stoke are crap hurrr", cuz there have been games against lesser opposition where Baines hasn't really turned up either.

We can just be patient and see what he can do. Maybe he'll prove a lot of people wrong, maybe that game was just a one-off. Hopefully he comes good, consistently.

He had no defensive duties. Was never tested, so to instantly presume he's ready for a run in the team is still naive. He looked good going forward. Jury still out on his defensive capability.

He had no defensive duties. Was never tested, so to instantly presume he's ready for a run in the team is still naive. He looked good going forward. Jury still out on his defensive capability.

Was he not tested when their American winger had the chance for a simple tap in but Oviedo got his body between the winger and the ball to let it roll away from danger? Was impressed when he did that.

He was great today and deserves a start on Wednesday.

Shea looked good when he came on. Don't understand why Mark Hughes doesn't play him more.

Because he's cr@p about 90% of the time. Pops up now and then, but he's poor. Oviedo was great today. We should all be singing his praises today. If he has a shocker against United, we can talk about it then.

Was he not tested when their American winger had the chance for a simple tap in but Oviedo got his body between the winger and the ball to let it roll away from danger? Was impressed when he did that.

He was great today and deserves a start on Wednesday.
No mate

It will give him a boost of confidence for the Man u game, bet Moyes will try and exploit him

I hope he does try, because we all know Moyes has no plan B. Oviedo did well today and has every reason to go into the Utd game with confidence. We've got a better midfield than Utd, so there is no reason why we shouldn't have a real go

Yes, just like in the derby when we scored 2 goals and looked much better going forward. His partnership with McCarthy isn't good for scoring goals. Keep banging on about it!
Martinez completely changed the formation based on what was happening though, Duelefeu's addition was as influential if not more than Barry moving to left back. I think today showed that we can, in fact, score goals with Barry in the center of the pitch.
Really, mate? I was being serious, I don't think anyone else in the game could do that and he should be at Bayern.

Sorry mate, sounded like sarcasm to me, I guess it's hard to read tone online.

Made up for Brian today, took his goal incredibly well with his weaker foot, was solid in the back and was incredibly influential going forward. I know Old Trafford is a different game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get the nod. This is the most confident I've felt going into a game at Old Trafford... ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back