Bryan Oviedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was fine at the back but that tackle in particular was a highlight of the afternoon for him

What can I say, Haters gonna hate

What was it like? I can't really remember.

I remember him ragging that cart horse Shawcross to the floor as he tried to shield the ball out for a corner which was sound.

I'll be saying the same to you when Ashley Young tears him a new one on Wednesday.
La, it's not about the individual battles. If you make it about that then it's too unpredictable. You take all the qualities Oviedo has, toss them out and judge him solely on whether he can do a Tony Hibbert man-marking job. Why not make sure he isn't left defending 1-on-1 with Young? Get him forward instead, give Young some tracking back to do; have him come inside so he draws Young inside. What is the point of asking players to do jobs they can't do well and then getting irritated when the inevitable happens? It was typical Moyes. Square pegs in round holes, he'd rather maintain his system than make concessions for individual abilities. It's why our subs and squad has been better than ever, because every player has been given a fair chance to have an impact. Naismith bags the winner against Chelsea, Oviedo goal and an assist today, Osman goal and an assist at Villa, I think Kone and Gibson would have been the same if not for injury. It's why I think we had one of the least number of players selected per season, because only the players who fit the system were any use to Moyes and he'd rather play someone he considered tactically disciplined out of position than change things around.

La, it's not about the individual battles. If you make it about that then it's too unpredictable. You take all the qualities Oviedo has, toss them out and judge him solely on whether he can do a Tony Hibbert man-marking job. Why not make sure he isn't left defending 1-on-1 with Young? Get him forward instead, give Young some tracking back to do; have him come inside so he draws Young inside. What is the point of asking players to do jobs they can't do well and then getting irritated when the inevitable happens? It was typical Moyes. Square pegs in round holes, he'd rather maintain his system than make concessions for individual abilities. It's why our subs and squad has been better than ever, because every player has been given a fair chance to have an impact. Naismith bags the winner against Chelsea, Oviedo goal and an assist today, Osman goal and an assist at Villa, I think Kone and Gibson would have been the same if not for injury. It's why I think we had one of the least number of players selected per season, because only the players who fit the system were any use to Moyes and he'd rather play someone he considered tactically disciplined out of position than change things around.

So you can change the system to mean a full back doesn't have to defend against a winger?

It's a Moyes thing to do to ask a defender to defend? Interesting.

I was messing, by the way.

My whole section hated him in the 2nd half today mate. Not even a lie

We were all yelling "PASS!!!" at him when Lukaku and Jelavic were open and we all fumed when he didn't

This is honestly true. I couldn't make it up

Hold on what?

Every time he got the ball the entire ground began the fapping.

I also sit in the main stand.. row L and everyone around me when he got on the ball, even the older folk were all getting excited. All made up with him. Obviously people know he can do things better but in my section they all seem pretty delighted with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back