Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A large proportion of the problem is clearly down to the manager. But Allardyce leaving will not 'make it stop'. These players have shown under three very different managers that they are badly lacking in leadership, courage and desire. Not to mention the squad is overweight in some positions and really weak in others.

Nothing will fix that properly, just paper over it. So the only reason to change manager is if you expect another honeymoon period.

A large proportion of the problem is clearly down to the manager. But Allardyce leaving will not 'make it stop'. These players have shown under three very different managers that they are badly lacking in leadership, courage and desire. Not to mention the squad is overweight in some positions and really weak in others.

Nothing will fix that properly, just paper over it. So the only reason to change manager is if you expect another honeymoon period.
I sort of agree mate. But this Allardyce is grim. I normally like to give the manager time (at least a season or two). But his departure can't come quick enough.
The players? Shocking. Overhaul needed. Ageing defenders out first.

Had to listen to the match on the radio. Heard most of the first half - we scored, we were playing great football, we were keeping possession of the ball - even Ronnie Goodlass said how well we were doing! Had to go out after 40 mins. Got home and rushed to see result - can't believe it. What happened?

Exactly right on the first point. Ultimately it’s the players that are failing over and over and I think sometimes as fans we find it easiest to point blame at the manager and let the players off the hook.

But I’m still good with Allardyce going now. What would be wrong with a temporary honeymoon period with someone else? At least then we’d get to witness another win or two before this miserable season ends. It’s hard to imagine anyone else would be worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back