Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly right on the first point. Ultimately it’s the players that are failing over and over and I think sometimes as fans we find it easiest to point blame at the manager and let the players off the hook.

But I’m still good with Allardyce going now. What would be wrong with a temporary honeymoon period with someone else? At least then we’d get to witness another win or two before this miserable season ends. It’s hard to imagine anyone else would be worse.

Because it’s incredibly myopic and short-termist. Get a new manager in now if he’s the one they want long-term. If it’s just in the hope of a reaction from the players, that ironically came under Allardyce and not Unsworth.

Had to listen to the match on the radio. Heard most of the first half - we scored, we were playing great football, we were keeping possession of the ball - even Ronnie Goodlass said how well we were doing! Had to go out after 40 mins. Got home and rushed to see result - can't believe it. What happened?
What 'happened' is it sounded like Ronnie Goodlass was on the piss mate. At no point in the game were we ever not under threat from an average Burnley team. We deserved everything we got.

What 'happened' is it sounded like Ronnie Goodlass was on the piss mate. At no point in the game were we ever not under threat from an average Burnley team. We deserved everything we got.
Spot on mate. We could have been 2 or 3 up in the 1st half but could quite easily have been 2 or 3 down. They where by far the better team, we were just hoping to hit them on the break and we didn't do that very well.

Had to listen to the match on the radio. Heard most of the first half - we scored, we were playing great football, we were keeping possession of the ball - even Ronnie Goodlass said how well we were doing! Had to go out after 40 mins. Got home and rushed to see result - can't believe it. What happened?

Wouldn't say we were playing great footy in the first half mate, we had chances after Tosun scored to put the game to bed, but Burnley also had a fair few chances as well. Second half Burnley battered us, we were all over the gaff, out muscled, out fought, etc.

Allowing bang average team after bang average team to walk into our half and pick any pass at will unpressured will result in what we see every week. We have to be the team with the least amount of pressure on the ball i have ever seen. Too deep midfield and strikers dropping off alowing the oppo the freedom of the park.

Williams on that 2nd goal was about as indecisive bad defending as it gets, he's telling people to mark the goalscorer while he marks fresh air, if he'd done what he was telling others to do who had jobs they wouldn't have scored.
Threw his hands up in frustration immediately after, like it wasn't his fault. Don't know if his red card was frustration or embarrassment. The later wouldn't surprise me.

Allowing bang average team after bang average team to walk into our half and pick any pass at will unpressured will result in what we see every week. We have to be the team with the least amount of pressure on the ball i have ever seen. Too deep midfield and strikers dropping off alowing the oppo the freedom of the park.
You could cut and paste that for virtually every away game this season and it`d ring true for every one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back