Match Thread Burnley v Everton, Saturday 3rd March 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see where we rank on the BBC radar. Show introduced with one of the headlines 'Burnley finally get a win' no mention of us and our worst away record in the league in the intro to 606.

Wouldn't say we were playing great footy in the first half mate, we had chances after Tosun scored to put the game to bed, but Burnley also had a fair few chances as well. Second half Burnley battered us, we were all over the gaff, out muscled, out fought, etc.
I didn't think they made chances more our key stone cops in defence couldn't clear there lines to a team mate

A large proportion of the problem is clearly down to the manager. But Allardyce leaving will not 'make it stop'. These players have shown under three very different managers that they are badly lacking in leadership, courage and desire. Not to mention the squad is overweight in some positions and really weak in others.

Nothing will fix that properly, just paper over it. So the only reason to change manager is if you expect another honeymoon period.
Worth a go!

We all do remember that Mori isn't very good don't we?

By all means put him in because he can't be worse than what we currently have but let's not pretend he suddenly became world class during his latest absence.

Nothing to lose as every other combination involving those other clowns has been dreadful. A back 4 with Funes in it might equal how poor it has been , but it wont get worse.

My hope is that as the Argentina coach has confidence in him he’s not as bad as I remember and thinking the price of £5m was about right rather than the £9.5 we seemed to end up paying. Can score, can be aggressive, not sure he’s fast, not sure how his injury has impacted him but can’t be worse than Keane and despite being out has matured.

He's not very good, but he's better than Williams, Keane and Jagielka. So in comparison he's a revelation.
He wasn't that bad until Koemanns messing about with the back. Plus before that he was playing in a Martinez side. He's not perfect but at least he understands basic positioning, knows how to block crosses and get the ball away. I remember watching him against Man City when he had that stupid headband on and he was excellent. Compared the other the other 2 divvies Keane and Williams he's Nemanja Vidic. Even when I was like a very average 14 year old player, I knew how to mark, actually kids even younger know how to. He wasn't even properly marking him and then allowed him to get in front of him. Also Keane is awful to allow a player to get in like that is ludicrous.

Don't know why we got rid of Besic either, we need a player who is relatively comfortable on the ball in central midfield and can actually defend, some who can make sliding challenges.

I don't know if the kid who posted it was saying it tongue in cheek earlier in this thread, but he referred to a team in freefall, but was meaning Burnley. Only one team in freefall that's us.
But how kind were those results today? We've been given a get out of jail for free card. Let's redeem it against the Seagulls next week eh?

My hope is that as the Argentina coach has confidence in him he’s not as bad as I remember and thinking the price of £5m was about right rather than the £9.5 we seemed to end up paying. Can score, can be aggressive, not sure he’s fast, not sure how his injury has impacted him but can’t be worse than Keane and despite being out has matured.
Funes would still be better than Keane and Wlliams if he only had one leg (obviously his left one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back