Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is for 3 years, with the option to extend it a further year? We seem to do that for some reason rather than just handing out 4/5 year contracts.

Mirallas had that contract (not sure about the new one he signed) where we thought he was coming to the end of his contract, only to hear that the club had the option to extend by a further year.

Oviedo is the latest, seemingly out of contract in the summer, but the Echo revealed during the week that we also have the further 1 year extension option.
It's probably because we got stuck with Francisco Junior for about 7 years.

3 year deal makes sense. Probably an option for a fourth - which is the same structure as Del's.
That can't be right as Barca have agreed a fee that they'd have to pay to get Deulofeu at the end of season 3...why would they do that if he in theory would be out of contract.

That can't be right as Barca have agreed a fee that they'd have to pay to get Deulofeu at the end of season 3...why would they do that if he in theory would be out of contract.

Their buy-out clause runs until end of season 2 (2017) if i remember correctly. Then he has a year left with an option for a fourth

3 year deal makes sense. Probably an option for a fourth - which is the same structure as Del's.
Agreed, makes sense for all parties. I cant imagine he's on a huge wage as a young player stepping up a level. If he doesn't make the grade, the club aren't tied to the player. If he proves himself, he earns a new contract and a better wage.

Agreed, makes sense for all parties. I cant imagine he's on a huge wage as a young player stepping up a level. If he doesn't make the grade, the club aren't tied to the player. If he proves himself, he earns a new contract and a better wage.

This
Common sense and if Byram is the business, the club will offer him improved terms and a longer contract within 18 months to (a) secure the player's short term future (b) to ensure that if another club tries to buy him, they have to pay top dollar

Good business this IF it comes off by EFC.

offering a young player who is seen for the long term, and eventual replacement to coleman a 3 year deal does not make sense at all.

offering a young player who is seen for the long term, and eventual replacement to coleman a 3 year deal does not make sense at all.
If he comes in I'd see Coleman as being one to fetch cash in the summer.

The deal makes little sense to me. We should be looking to bring players through our academy to act as understudy to Coleman and spend any decent cash elsewhere.

If he comes in I'd see Coleman as being one to fetch cash in the summer.

The deal makes little sense to me. We should be looking to bring players through our academy to act as understudy to Coleman and spend any decent cash elsewhere.
makes a lot of sense to me mate, the deal.

You should go into every window trying to make your SQUAD stronger, not just your first 11.

We have no proper back up to coleman, we have 'fill ins' at max, and that simply isn't good enough.

He is a player who fits in with our signing mantra, young, potential and someone who can make a impact on our first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back