Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
no no, the THREE year deal doesn't make sense to me, not the bringing him in all together.

I think signing him is great.

I don't think offering him a 3 year deal is smart, a long term deal would make more sense.
Ah. The post was pretty vague then.

Onto the substantial point though: Coleman is the #1 RB...and this lad who has his spot at Leeds comes in and sits for a few years waiting?

I swear Davek is the ONLY Evertonian who seems to have a problem with us signing Byram.

Hibberts finished, Browning isn't a RB, neither is Oviedo or Stones. He clearly doesnt trust the lids in the academy yet so makes sense to spend pennies on a player whos regarded as a talent and could potentially be Evertons and Englands RB for years to come.

What I've seen: Coleman-lite.

Is that what we're aiming for?

But over to you for your assessment of him...what are his overwhelmingly obvious attributes that makes this a great signing? I just need persuading....

Ah. The post was pretty vague then.

Onto the substantial point though: Coleman is the #1 RB...and this lad who has his spot at Leeds comes in and sits for a few years waiting?
coleman is currently injured, byram will play when he comes in and he'll constantly challenge coleman for his place, which will either mean he eventually replaces him, or pushes coleman back onto the level he was on a few years ago.

Bringing him in makes total sense, we often play coleman injured, because he have no one else, and he is a top english talent which our manager loves. It makes the squad a lot stronger, and clearly the lad has confidence in our squad and in himself.

I think Martinez has a lot of bad points, but one of his really good points is getting young players playing confidently, and young players want to play under him.

coleman is currently injured, byram will play when he comes in and he'll constantly challenge coleman for his place, which will either mean he eventually replaces him, or pushes coleman back onto the level he was on a few years ago.

Bringing him in makes total sense, we often play coleman injured, because he have no one else, and he is a top english talent which our manager loves. It makes the squad a lot stronger, and clearly the lad has confidence in our squad and in himself.

I think Martinez has a lot of bad points, but one of his really good points is getting young players playing confidently, and young players want to play under him.
...well, as long as this lad is prepared to warm the bench for a few years.

he wont have to though, we don't know what could happen to coleman, he isn't a robot, he could get injured or have a dip in form, it's a long season.
Yes, but my point is that this lad is a starter for his own club (who despite being a joke are still high profile). I wonder if he's prepared to be understudy...which is why my initial post to you was a concern that Coleman might be earmarked for a sale.

Yes, but my point is that this lad is a starter for his own club (who despite being a joke are still high profile). I wonder if he's prepared to be understudy...which is why my initial post to you was a concern that Coleman might be earmarked for a sale.
i think mate, he's just willing to take the chance at a better club right now. I think he'll work hard to try and get a first team place but he fancies him self able to do it.

If colemens eventually sold, and this lad can replace him then it's all good.

i think mate, he's just willing to take the chance at a better club right now. I think he'll work hard to try and get a first team place but he fancies him self able to do it.

If colemens eventually sold, and this lad can replace him then it's all good.
...and then we're back where we began!

...well, as long as this lad is prepared to warm the bench for a few years.
But that assumes that Coleman plays every game which a) for the past two seasons he hasn't been able to because of injuries b) isn't a good idea anyhow as fullback is one of the most physically demanding positions on the pitch.

We can easily manage having Coleman first choice and Bryam second choice whilst keeping them both happy.

The only issue would be giving gametime to bring Browning/Holgate/Pennington and Kenny through but given the recent injury curse on anyone who even thinks about playing fullback for us then even that might not be a problem.

But that assumes that Coleman plays every game which a) for the past two seasons he hasn't been able to because of injuries b) isn't a good idea anyhow as fullback is one of the most physically demanding positions on the pitch.

We can easily manage having Coleman first choice and Bryam second choice whilst keeping them both happy.

The only issue would be giving gametime to bring Browning/Holgate/Pennington and Kenny through but given the recent injury curse on anyone who even thinks about playing fullback for us then even that might not be a problem.
It's a big issue too. I was convinced given reports that one would be fast tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back