Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that assumes that Coleman plays every game which a) for the past two seasons he hasn't been able to because of injuries b) isn't a good idea anyhow as fullback is one of the most physically demanding positions on the pitch.

We can easily manage having Coleman first choice and Bryam second choice whilst keeping them both happy.

The only issue would be giving gametime to bring Browning/Holgate/Pennington and Kenny through but given the recent injury curse on anyone who even thinks about playing fullback for us then even that might not be a problem.
all names of which you listed are center halves, who can play Rb.

They will get game time also, but a loan is better for most of them until they're a bit more developed.

Don't think Kenny will be a CB unless he has a late growth spurt, agree the others will. Just have to amend our way of bringing them through if they aren't getting game time.
sorry, didn't see kenny's name, was a few murmers of him potentially becoming a bit of a midfielder, but don't know how that turned out, he is a right back, but even he is a few years away from being ready physically. good little player though.

no no, the THREE year deal doesn't make sense to me, not the bringing him in all together.

I think signing him is great.

I don't think offering him a 3 year deal is smart, a long term deal would make more sense.

We probably do/did offer him a long term deal, but maybe he was reluctant to sign for the long term, but still thinks we're his best option for the time being and the club is fine with him just signing for a shorter term deal. 3.5 years wouldn't be the end of the world, although I would prefer a longer deal too of course.

We probably do/did offer him a long term deal, but maybe he was reluctant to sign for the long term, but still thinks we're his best option for the time being and the club is fine with him just signing for a shorter term deal. 3.5 years wouldn't be the end of the world, although I would prefer a longer deal too of course.
I think it protects both parties and might include a clause of extension upon fulfilled terms.

i guess we'll see what he's signed tomorrow either way mate!

i personally think it'll be 4-5 year deal like.

More competition for places is only a good thing. For a start, we have no out and out right back to fill in when Coleman gets injured. This will help bring us more balance

he wont have to though, we don't know what could happen to coleman, he isn't a robot, he could get injured or have a dip in form, it's a long season.

And this is what has happened this year (and to a certain degree, last season as well), he's not been as effective as two seasons before and the injuries have steadily been creeping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back