Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Byram Bid Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we don't have the money. Clearly this Byram deal is dependent on Naismith going. You just have to hope we have other funds ringfenced for the likes of Yarmolenko, because the thought of us having to break even on net spend to shell out £4m is horrifying.
That wouldn't make sense with the Tarashani or Foulds transfers though. There was money to spend, so I don't think this deal is dependent on Naismith.

Because we don't have the money. Clearly this Byram deal is dependent on Naismith going. You just have to hope we have other funds ringfenced for the likes of Yarmolenko, because the thought of us having to break even on net spend to shell out £4m is horrifying.
Horrifying indeed if thats the case.

I can only imagine what the current due diligence has dragged up as well.

That wouldn't make sense with the Tarashani or Foulds transfers though. There was money to spend, so I don't think this deal is dependent on Naismith.

It would if you think we had a bit of cash around, but not enough to go beyond the Tarashaj/Foulds fees without potentially jeopardising the Yarmolenko deal if we did.

If that's the case, Byram is dependent on outgoings, and we have around £20m ringfenced for Yarmolenko; probably a bit more to make sure of it.

If the club manage to loan or sell all three of Naismith, McGeady and Gibson in this window that will probably amount to a saving in total of 150k per week. Up to the middle of May that will be approx. 16 weeks. That will amount to a saving of about two million net of wages for Byram. That will be a huge % of the overall fee for Byram recovered in wages alone.

I don't think a transfer of this size is dependent on any sale to be honest.

Horrifying indeed if thats the case.

I can only imagine what the current due diligence has dragged up as well.

We havent sold anyone of any note for 4 transfer windows (Jelavic being the last one)

In that time we have spent plenty on transfers

Can't see it being anything to do with it to be honest. We obviously approached Leeds knowing we had the money - think he'd have come in regardless of when Naismith left.

So those 2 plus this lad would be around 8m

Naismith is going for around 8m

Selling to buy again

No evidence at all of this. Those deals were obviously in the pipeline (Foulds and the Tarshaj) and would have gone through anyway. Byram I think we'd have preferred to wait until the summer but due to Coleman's injury made the bid to get him in now.

Hopefully we can get a replacement in that covers Naismith, McGeady and Gibson (if the latter two leave). If not I still think our squad is big enough to cope, though it may not have the quality needed.

The club kept him quiet lol

It would if you think we had a bit of cash around, but not enough to go beyond the Tarashaj/Foulds fees without potentially jeopardising the Yarmolenko deal if we did.

If that's the case, Byram is dependent on outgoings, and we have around £20m ringfenced for Yarmolenko; probably a bit more to make sure of it.

You believe that we have ring fenced 20 million then say we are scrambling to afford 3 million for byram? lol I wish i had your optimism!

So we've got an extra £50mil odd in tv revenue and selling Naismith for £8.5mil with a lot of players out of contract in the summer..

and we have to "sell to buy"...

Dearie me.....how ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back