Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love Jose, but the Utd job is what he really wants. I think he only came back to Chelsea to prove a point when he got overlooked for it when they appointed Moyes.

Until its over, and he has signed with UTD - i refuse to believe its done and dusted.

Tbh i honestly can see them leaving LVG going for another year - they have had more then ample time to sack him, and have persevered. If they win the FA cup i can't see him getting shirked out.

Which leaves Jose in no mans land if he is wanting to stay in the prem.

Its a massive dream, one which most of us probably find hilarious to think about... but its time to stop thinking like plucky little Everton and get over that. if Moshiri wants the best he will go and get it, all Mourinho can do is say thanks but no thanks.

The fact the rumours are that his people approached us tend to make me think its not as far fetched as people think.

Until its over, and he has signed with UTD - i refuse to believe its done and dusted.

Tbh i honestly can see them leaving LVG going for another year - they have had more then ample time to sack him, and have persevered. If they win the FA cup i can't see him getting shirked out.

Its a massive dream, one which most of us probably find hilarious to think about... but its time to stop thinking like plucky little Everton and get over that. if Moshiri wants the best he will go and get it, all Mourinho can do is say thanks but no thanks.

The fact the rumours are that his people approached us tend to make me think its not as far fetched as people think.

This 100% ;)

Fully agree mate, think LVG is there for another season

Quite right too. Stop any dreams of ambition and hope, know your place. Gary Megson or Dave Jones? Make your choice now.....
I get this is a joke but a lot of people do seem to be implying that the only way for the club to show ambition is to appoint Jose. The guy is not the messiah, and is probably not available.

Personally I have a problem with how much he's out for himself, and would have very mixed feelings about him joining. I can't imagine he'd be happy at Everton for very long, and I'd rather have a manager who was looking to build for the long term than someone hoping to milk us before moving on to a job worthy of him.

I get this is a joke but a lot of people do seem to be implying that the only way for the club to show ambition is to appoint Jose. The guy is not the messiah, and is probably not available.

Personally I have a problem with how much he's out for himself, and would have very mixed feelings about him joining. I can't imagine he'd be happy at Everton for very long, and I'd rather have a manager who was looking to build for the long term than someone hoping to milk us before moving on to a job worthy of him.

I have had enough of these gracious managers who don't seem to mind losing. Moyes, Martinez and Smith 'yes its disappointing but we tried'. Mourinho would drag the entire club up a level to meet his own needs because he is a winner.

Don't be so pessimistic!

Everyone doubts that we're going to be able to attract a manager with the pedigree of Jose.

Look, we need to move forward as a club. Put the days of mediocrity behind us.

Undecided fans may shout acquisitions of delusion, but we're all capable of dreaming!

Dare to dream!

Even when the odds are stacked up against us.

Don't ever bet against the boys in blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back