Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simple because of how people see this type of news. Especially fans. They will believe we made the effort and had the audacity to believe we could contact campo Mourinho and that perhaps just for 10 seconds or an hour, he sat there and thought about it.

The reaction of other fan groups on Twitter is one of ridicule more than anything else. I still don't see how being part of a smokescreen benefits Evertonians.

Yes, the man has a great record and many clubs have much more fire power than us.

He will not join us.

I have used the word 'pawn' on more than one occasion to describe Mourinho and Everton in the same sentence.
We serve a purpose for him but I imagine Moshiri and the new hierarchy won't mind at all this making the back page of The Times.
I don't think there is anything more than a very remote possibility of it happening.
I don't envy the board in trying to find their man, negotiations will be tough and need sensitive handling.
I imagine Koeman will at least want to make a decision relatively soon, he may feel he owes it to Soton to provide clarity and either get on with planning for the new season there, or resign and allow them as much time as possible to bring a replacement in.
My hunch is he will opt to stay there, which would then in all likelihood see us turn to De Boer.
We are in risky territory then not so much in that he is not a good choice, but he may not be happy if we were to stall on him for weeks and be seen as our lesser choice and we may end up being beaten for him by another club.
It's tricky all this, I hope those negotiating on our behalf cover all bases and options. I don't envy them and the outcome certainly won't please everyone, that is one thing guaranteed.

Last edited:
If money is not an obstacle these days, and it allegedly is not, get Mourinho in FFS.

Seriously.

Why is this even a matter of debate? Best manager available and he's got a little bit of sand here that could be matured into a giant pearl.

He's got something to prove now and what a better way than to wake a sleeping giant?

He prefers United? Isn't that enough for us to look at someone like Koeman who possibly prefers Everton?

I'm 99.999999999999999% sure he'll be United's next manager, but if one of the best manager's in world football is available then you have to try and make him the best offer possible on the off chance that (1) United don't hire him for some reason or (2) he just prefers Everton for some reason.

If he doesn't go to United then he doesn't really have many options open to him. He can't go to any of the below

Real
Barca
Atletico
Bayern
Dortmund
PSG - Said they will keep Blanc
Juventus
AC Milan - He said he would never go in respect of Inter
Inter - He said he doesn't plan on taking the Inter job again in Feb
Roma - He already rejected them in January and they went for Spaletti
Arsenal - They will never replace Wenger with someone he hates
City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Spurs

What does this leave? Valencia and Everton I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back