Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could be using us to pressure United into making a move or he may genuinely want to come. Wouldn't take much to have us fighting the top four with Mourinho in charge the man is a winner. We have some exciting talent and a few bob to spend and he can then get his hands on John Stones. I hate all the talk of getting Koeman, don't think he is the man for us.

why is it so hard to imagine Mourinho's camp touching base with a club like Everton? De Boer has had talks with Swansea, and Koeman, the one many are cha
I have used the word 'pawn' on more than one occasion to describe Mourinho and Everton in the same sentence.
We serve a purpose for him but I imagine Moshiri and the new hierarchy won't mind at all this making the back page of The Times.
I don't think there is anything more than a very remote possibility of it happening.
I don't envy the board in trying to find their man, negotiations will be tough and need sensitive handling.
I imagine Koeman will at least want to make a decision relatively soon, he may feel he owes it to Soton to provide clarity and either get on with planning for the new season there, or resign and allow them as much time as possible to bring a replacement in.
My hunch is he will opt to stay there, which would then in all likelihood see us turn to De Boer.
We are in risky territory then not so much in that he is not a good choice, but he may not be happy if we were to stall on him for weeks and be seen as our lesser choice and we may end up being beaten for him by another club.
It's tricky all this, I hope those negotiating on our behalf cover all bases and options. I don't envy them and the outcome certainly won't please everyone, that is one thing guaranteed.

I share similar thoughts, enjoyable read, one thing to consider though is that De Boer has the same agent as Koeman, so the Dutch contingent are all likely in communication regarding possible scenarios. We've apparently held talks with De Boer's people, and he's tied to Ajax on tour until late next week. Then there's the Cup Final and LVG, and all the Mourinho stories and rumours which we're likely to read in the next few days too. We're likely to be reading the same old stuff for a while. I hope we get De Boer.

Theres a lot of internal politics at United alledgedly AF and Charlton dont want him there plus the hope of moulding Giggs into the future manager,would Jose be willing to accept Giggs as his right hand man?Would Giggs be happy working alongside him?

No way....Jose Mourinho...Jose Mourinho...Jose mourinho...Jose mourinho!!
Until this guy gets another job he is clearly the only one we should aim For!!!!

I believe the opposite. They aren't losing out on Jose for one season of LVG's contract remaining. They'll be lynched.
Mind you, I think Jose will struggle to win things there.
Not sure about your last opinion, but concur fully with the preceding one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back