Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

why is it so hard to imagine Mourinho's camp touching base with a club like Everton? De Boer has had talks with Swansea, and Koeman, the one many are cha

I share similar thoughts, enjoyable read, one thing to consider though is that De Boer has the same agent as Koeman, so the Dutch contingent are all likely in communication regarding possible scenarios. We've apparently held talks with De Boer's people, and he's tied to Ajax on tour until late next week. Then there's the Cup Final and LVG, and all the Mourinho stories and rumours which we're likely to read in the next few days too. We're likely to be reading the same old stuff for a while. I hope we get De Boer.
I think the United situation will resolve itself within the next 10 days or so. If there going to get rid of LVG it will be just after the cup final and if they want Mourinho that should happen within days not weeks.

What some people don't seem to understand is that Man United are in a similar situation as we were with Martinez. Mourinho might well have been interested in being our manager (if the Moshiri ambition is true) but the facts are that a very high percentage, and I would go as high as 90% of the fans, want Van Gaal out right now. They find his football boring and the only solution is to bring in Mourinho as far as they are concerned. Manchester United will pay whatever it takes to being in Mourinho. There is no other alternative for a company of their size, they have to make it work. Also I would have thought Mourinho would like a crack at Manchester United, he's done pretty much everything, before one day being national coach for Portugal and winning European and world cups. So Everton? It's a big challenge but I don't see this as being on his path until he retires.

Mourinho WILL be their manager. This is all just smokescreens. Shows good ambition though. And I am liking the new Everton, with caution via experience. I would love for Mourinho to join for even just 1 or 2 seasons but it's not going to happen.

The only way I can see this happening is if we had money the size of City and above and that we could become them in a year or two and needing a catalyst we could pay someone a fortune to assist with the transition, but at this stage we don't know, might not be massive investment coming in.

I'd be very happy with Koeman. Not sure about his team though.
You may well be right, but they may stick with LVG for another 12 months and the go for Pochetino, new contract or not. Mourinho doesn't really play United's type of football, same as LVG. Anyway we should know in next 2 weeks.

I think the United situation will resolve itself within the next 10 days or so. If there going to get rid of LVG it will be just after the cup final and if they want Mourinho that should happen within days not weeks.

Exactly. The music stops and 1 chair removed after cup final and utd decision

I don't care if the chances are slim, that Times article has made me warm and fuzzy inside imagining Mourinho managing Everton FC. If it did happen, then I could see him loving it here. We'd worship him and he'd lap the derbies right up.

I don't care if he would only stay 2 or 3 season and possibly leave in a ball of flames. He'd massively raise our profile and top players would be tripping over eachother trying to get to Finch Farm to get a picture with that peculiar bloke we always see when players are signing contracts.

I don't even think the chances are that slim. Our squad is honestly not much worse than United's, and we'll have big resources just like they will.

Dream lads. Dream.

You may well be right, but they may stick with LVG for another 12 months and the go for Pochetino, new contract or not. Mourinho doesn't really play United's type of football, same as LVG. Anyway we should know in next 2 weeks.
We could know more at 5:30 it highly unlikely but if city lose & united win our chances increase immeasurably.

I don't care if the chances are slim, that Times article has made me warm and fuzzy inside imagining Mourinho managing Everton FC. If it did happen, then I could see him loving it here. We'd worship him and he'd lap the derbies right up.

I don't care if he would only stay 2 or 3 season and possibly leave in a ball of flames. He'd massively raise our profile and top players would be tripping over eachother trying to get to Finch Farm to get a picture with that peculiar bloke we always see when players are signing contracts.

I don't even think the chances are that slim. Are squad is honestly not much worse than United's, and we'll have big resources just like they will.

Dream lads. Dream.
All this lad. Dream big for a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back