Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think them finishing 4th matters personally. I feel they have made a decision either way already.
I could be wrong and I probably am considering United has been linked with Mourinho all season, I think fans even had scarves with his face on them at one point, I could have dreamt that though, anyway... I think United NOT securing 4th spot might have just increased our chances of getting Mourinho, of course I could be very wrong here, but I was thinking if they get 4th and into the Champions League that they would be sure to employ Mourinho, now they haven't, unless they score 20 odd goals against Bournemouth, then I think they might be more likely to let LVG see his contract out, keep developing the youth and keep building United for whoever they employ next, perhaps Pochettino.

Also I've heard many on the United board aren't really fussed with Jose and then there's the Giggs problem, unless Jose is happy having him as his number 2, i dunno, purely speculation here on my part. Maybe @The Esk has more of an inkling if this is correct or at least along the lines of what's true and maybe what I've mentioned above is true and our chances of landing Jose have increased.

I am convinced that Mourinho wont be going to United, that don't mean he will come to us but I just think if he was going there he would be there by now. Also as said above I really can't see them getting shut of Giggs and Jose wont want him hanging around anymore then Giggs wold want to be working with him, not to mention Charlton and Sir Alex. Jose ain't daft, he knows what the job will be like, he might be a clown but he isn't stupid and you would have to be to go there.
There reason he isn't there now is the reason why won't be going there.

I could be wrong and I probably am considering United has been linked with Mourinho all season, I think fans even had scarves with his face on them at one point, I could have dreamt that though, anyway... I think United NOT securing 4th spot might have just increased our chances of getting Mourinho, of course I could be very wrong here, but I was thinking if they get 4th and into the Champions League that they would be sure to employ Mourinho, now they haven't, unless they score 20 odd goals against Bournemouth, then I think they might be more likely to let LVG see his contract out, keep developing the youth and keep building United for whoever they employ next, perhaps Pochettino.

Also I've heard many on the United board aren't really fussed with Jose and then there's the Giggs problem, unless Jose is happy having him as his number 2, i dunno, purely speculation here on my part. Maybe @The Esk has more of an inkling if this is correct or at least along the lines of what's true and maybe what I've mentioned above is true and our chances of landing Jose have increased.

you make a good point with united not getting 4th and the possibility of keeping LVG. With them not having CL football next season it' one less prize on offer to a new manager.

you make a good point with united not getting 4th and the possibility of keeping LVG. With them not having CL football next season it' one less prize on offer to a new manager.
If they want him they'll get him. 4th, 5th or 11th...he'll chose them if he has the option of being their Manager.

I see nothing wrong with the Mourinho talk.Maybe it's a pipe dream but i think it's a sign of the times that threads are going up asking people talking about Jose Mourinho to pipe down.I'd rather we be having this sort of conversion as opposed to discussing the merits of Mark Hughes Martin O'Neill or the second coming of David Moyes.I think the latter conversation would be of the would you prefer to have a bad dose of the flu/chronic disentry or a plaque of piles variety.

Neither us or united are in the Champions League. Both teams need to be rebuilt. The difference is with us he can have near complete control, that won't happen with them. It's a good selling point for us, stroking his ego.

Neither us or united are in the Champions League. Both teams need to be rebuilt. The difference is with us he can have near complete control, that won't happen with them. It's a good selling point for us, stroking his ego.

Erm man u have a bigger ground
Better media presence for his ego
250 million transfer budget
Plus can pay up to 200k a week on players

Erm man u have a bigger ground
Better media presence for his ego
250 million transfer budget
Plus can pay up to 200k a week on players
United are more than just a football club, they're a brand Jose would be kept on a much shorter leash at United. Over the duration of time that Kenwright has been at the club managers have had control on pretty much every aspect of the football department. The only thing Bill hasn't been able to give our managers is competitive transfer budgets, with Moshiri now at the club our new manager should expect a very inciting budget to let them put their print on the squad.

United probably won't even let Jose pick his assistant manager.

I'd be as happy as most on here to get mourinho, and think we have an outside chance, but given that United let Moyes change up most of the backroom staff, why wouldn't they allow a far more successful manager to do similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back