Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That matches what he said. Apparently the board want Giggs in charge soonish.

I seriously don't see Mourinho at United, yeah maybe a proportion of their fans do want him - although i think it's a lot higher percentage who want him amongst their glory hunting fans rather than the match going and long long lon gtime United fans

Board objection to him, will have to force out BIG figures at the club like fergie and charlton to appoint him, will 100% close the thread on the clas of 92' dream they have harboured for an age as Giggs will certainly leave, will endanger their 'brand' should mourinho have any further 'dcotor' incidents etc.

two more likely options will be LVG seeing out his tenure followed by Giggs stepping up, or an 'alternate' candidate that satisifes both sides of the divide being targeted for next summer - such as Pochettino etc

I really think if we want to build a secure future using our academy then we need to be looking at Frank De Boer, Mourinho wont play the youth lads, he didnt even play Lukaku. Its a very short term vision to think he will come in, buy two players, and go on and win something, it aint gonna happen. It will end up a disaster I'm telling you.

Lets get someone who knows how to develop and build a strong unit with stability.

I really think if we want to build a secure future using our academy then we need to be looking at Frank De Boer, Mourinho wont play the youth lads, he didnt even play Lukaku. Its a very short term vision to think he will come in, buy two players, and go on and win something, it aint gonna happen. It will end up a disaster I'm telling you.

Lets get someone who knows how to develop and build a strong unit with stability.

De Boer managing us has a million times more likelihood of ending in disaster than Mourinho managing us would have mate, one is totally unproven outside of a very uncompetitive league, the other is regarded as one of the best 2 managers in football

As for the yong lads, yeah De Boer has played them at Ajax - as has every single last Ajax manager before him, it's because they have no other option - it is the entire model of how the club operates, who knows how he will mange at a team that has a much bigger and older squad with the finances to add to it

I'm convinced.

A guy in one of our offices (Manchester) was at a sportmans evening on Friday organised by the local footie association and he says all the talk Untied related was of LvG getting at least one more year in charge with the intention of Giggs for the 2017/18 season.
I've been trying really hard not to, purely for self preservation, but stuff like this is getting me more and more excited about the prospect of Mourinho.

Which is a problem because I've been an evertonian long enough to know this in generally when the wheels fall off.

Regardless of what Sky Sports want to report there has been considerable contact between both parties.

Whether that ends up with Jose here or not is to a large extent outside our control. However we are making best efforts - it does not suit either party though to be precise in releasing information given both parties have alternative options.

The process for all parties continues.

Regardless of what Sky Sports want to report there has been considerable contact between both parties.

Whether that ends up with Jose here or not is to a large extent outside our control. However we are making best efforts - it does not suit either party though to be precise in releasing information given both parties have alternative options.

when we see that famous yellow bar travel across the bottom of SSN stating "Breaking News: The Esk confirms" then we'll pay attention ;)

Not happy with this to be honest. Shut up or swallow it Jose. I only care about Everton, and it can't be doing us any good sitting on our thumb hoping somebody might say yes as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back