Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not thinking what if he fails. I really don't think he is the right fit for Everton. Don't forget, he got wasn't exactly great this season at Chelsea. Yes won the League last season, but the team hit its ceiling and nose dived after that. All I'm saying is there are no guarantees of success, just because he is the Special One as he calls himself.

because their players were absolute sh*thouses and had so much player power they could continually not try and still get paid ... exactly the same as us under martinez last few months. i don't hold that against martinez and nor do i hold it against mourinho. There's just too much player power when things go wrong.

What clubs would JM go to?

PSG

Man U

Arsenal

Milan

Roma

Monaco

Us?

others anyone?

Do not think he will return to Spain or Portugal

If we're waiting on other clubs to get JM then it doesn't bode well if we even did get him. It would only take a sacking at another big club for his head to be turned.

There is no way that Mourinho is coming. He was earning 17 million Euros at Chelsea. To entice him here we would have to pay a huge wage and he would have to be convinced that we have the resources to enable him within 12 months to ensure that we are challengers in the league. Unfortunately having a billionaire owner isn't such a big deal these days.

Most players choose between teams on the wages available and the prospects of winning silverware. At the moment we are probably not very attractive. Mourinho would enable us to probably get better players because of his reputation. But having been sacked by Chelsea his ego's unlikely to allow him to take what he may consider to be a step down. He might do it if he thought the new owner was willing to splash the cash beyond what others in the league are willing to do. That's not going to happen. Moshiri will hopefully result in us getting a new stadium. its only then that we may become financially competitive.

in the meantime we need a manager who can maximise our potential and develop a core of players that will serve us well over the next 3 years. At the moment Koeman is the one that ticks the boxes.

What clubs would JM go to?

PSG - Lack of ambition going there.

Man U - His prefered choice it would appear.

Arsenal - No chance while Wenger is there, which he would be in some capacity.

Milan - AC? No chance too good a connection with Inter. Inter? won everything there so nothing to prove.

Roma - Unlikely given connection with Inter.

Monaco - See PSG comment.

Us? - Hopefully

others anyone? - Not that I can think of, although he has never managed in Germany and that league might be ideal for him.

Do not think he will return to Spain or Portugal

I just cant see the Man.Utd board sitting round waiting to see whether they win the cup or score 18 against Bournemouth before deciding on a managerial change

We have to sit tight on this till after the cup final. If Utd lose then IMO they will sack LVG straight away. However if they win, they could still get rid of him but there would be no announcement for at least a week. If however they win and a week later there is nothing coming out of Old Trafford, then and only then IMO ITS ON!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back