Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does feel a bit like his agent is lobbing his name everywhere to force United's hand.
It's definitely got that whiff about it.

Everton at the weekend and now PSG today.

I'd lose all respect for Jose if he went there btw, as it's a noddy league for PSG now, and his only competitive games would be in the CL, not exactly the challenge he declared he was looking for.

It smacks of them trying to strong arm United into making their move. Their failure to land 4th was imo the death knell of our chances, and I fully expect the pantomime to play out for the next week or 2, until it ends with Mr Mourinho being unveiled at OT.

I think LVG is gone regardless, think they are waiting til end of season either way. Apart from Mourinho, who else would be in the running for united anyway?

Pochettino, more next year that though
That's the thing, there is very few top top managers available, I thought Ancelloti would have been a good fit but other than that yeah it's Pochettino unless they did give Giggs a season and if he fails at least Ferguson got his wish.

For all the press talk about Jose there are no actual quotes from anybody its basically paper talk to garner clicks

That's the thing, there is very few top top managers available, I thought Ancelloti would have been a good fit but other than that yeah it's Pochettino unless they did give Giggs a season and if he fails at least Ferguson got his wish.

I think they'll let Van Gaal see out his contract - until next season, and then decide between Giggs and Pochettino. I don't think they're all behind bringing in Mourinho.

I think they'll let Van Gaal see out his contract - until next season, and then decide between Giggs and Pochettino. I don't think they're all behind bringing in Mourinho.
That's the other side of it, is Ferguson lining up Pochettino the same way he lined up Moyes. The only difference is Pochettino signed the 5 year contract unlike Moyes who strung us along. No one on the United board has backed LVG publicly and for that reason I think he is gone. They probably have a clause to release him if no champions league is secured.

The fact that United will not be in the Champions League I think helps our chances of landing Mourinho. I think if they were in they would be desperate to bring in a man like Jose to push to win it. Now that they are on the outside looking in why not give Giggs his opportunity? If they bring Mourinho in Giggs has to be gone. I think there are a lot of influential people in Manchester that do not want to let Giggs go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back