Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably the same Kopites who told everyone who'd listen that they'd get Klopp, and were laughed at for saying so?

I'm not saying Everton can't get Mourinho. My comment was directed to those Everton fans acting like he'd be an immediate success, we win the league next year and we'd be the next Chelsea because of Mosh-bramovich.

The reality is:

1.) There is absolutely NO indication that Moshiri is going to bankroll us like Abramovich
2.) UEFA Financial Fairplay Rules means Moshiri can't do a 'chelsea' even if he wanted.
3.) It's harder than ever to win the Premier league, regardless of the fluke that was Leicester City.
4.) For all we know, Moshiri will have us spend within our means with the view of a new stadium. Which is paramount for our progress. Abramovich already had a decent stadium at Chelsea and could focus on the playing squad. Our focus should be moving stadium. This could financially restrict us like Arsene Wenger was when Arsenal moved to the Emirates.

and
5.) Jurgen Klopp is no Jose Mourinho
6.) It should be pretty obvious that his number one choice is Manchester United.

perspective

I'm not saying Everton can't get Mourinho. My comment was directed to those Everton fans acting like he'd be an immediate success, we win the league next year and we'd be the next Chelsea because of Mosh-bramovich.

The reality is:

1.) There is absolutely NO indication that Moshiri is going to bankroll us like Abramovich
2.) UEFA Financial Fairplay Rules means Moshiri can't do a 'chelsea' even if he wanted.
3.) It's harder than ever to win the Premier league, regardless of the fluke that was Leicester City.
4.) For all we know, Moshiri will have us spend within our means with the view of a new stadium. Which is paramount for our progress. Abramovich already had a decent stadium at Chelsea and could focus on the playing squad. Our focus should be moving stadium. This could financially restrict us like Arsene Wenger was when Arsenal moved to the Emirates.

and
5.) Jurgen Klopp is no Jose Mourinho
6.) It should be pretty obvious that his number one choice is Manchester United.

perspective

I don't think anyone thinks that at all. However, the impact would be immediate in other ways. We could sign players on the back of JM’s reputation who would never consider us otherwise. Players like Stones and Lukaku would see the club is moving in the right direction and may sign new deals. I don’t think anyone reckons we will win the league next year, but I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t be sat looking at a bottom half finish. I’m also pretty sure we’d win something, even it’s just the LC in the first couple of years.

Add on top of that, our entire profile around the world would be lifted; better sponsorships, more TV money etc. The silverware might not be instant, but the lift around the club certainly would be!

No idea but other posters jump to his defence when it's asked if he really knows what's going on. He posted something the other week about Moshiri bringing in another huge investor in the summer.

He didn't say they would be investing so I'd assume he was talking about is the new board member that will be joining which I believe @The Esk has mentioned.

He didn't say they would be investing so I'd assume he was talking about is the new board member that will be joining which I believe @The Esk has mentioned.

I just remember the title of his post was "MAJOR INVESTMENT" but I don't think anyone knows more than TheEsk. :-)

I don't know if anyone just saw this on SSN but it was one of the worst peices of broadcast journalism I've ever seen.

The tweet makes it sound like he's defo going there, the reporter says 'if you'd have asked me in December if Van Gaal would still be here I'd have said no, now I think it's more likely'.

Almost the exact opposite to the tweet.

Just awful.

I don't know if anyone just saw this on SSN but it was one of the worst peices of broadcast journalism I've ever seen.

The tweet makes it sound like he's defo going there, the reporter says 'if you'd have asked me in December if Van Gaal would still be here I'd have said no, now I think it's more likely'.

Almost the exact opposite to the tweet.

Just awful.

Sounds like typical SSN on a slow news day making up headlines, they do it all the time, they couldn't source a new lightbulb for their bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back