Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they are keeping LVG for one for season to then want Jose mate. If they are keeping LVG then it is to hand over the position to Giggs the season after probably.

Good call that mate, Giggs will be gutted if Jose goes there, could see him doing everything he can to stop that coming off, some of the body language between him and LVG seems so awkward, he wants it now!!

I doubt they are keeping LVG for one for season to then want Jose mate. If they are keeping LVG then it is to hand over the position to Giggs the season after probably.
Giggs is seen by lots of Untied fans as their 'dream ticket' for the future.
Think he'll be a train wreck myself, so here's to him getting the job.

While we put the welcome mat out for you-know-who :celebrate:

Giggs is seen by lots of Untied fans as their 'dream ticket' for the future.
Think he'll be a train wreck myself, so here's to him getting the job.

While we put the welcome mat out for you-know-who :celebrate:

I know its only 1 forum and it doesnt speak for the whole fanbase, but from my brief reads on redcafe, most think Giggs would be a shocking appointment are most are dead against it.

I know its only 1 forum and it doesnt speak for the whole fanbase, but from my brief reads on redcafe, most think Giggs would be a shocking appointment are most are dead against it.
I work about ten mins from OT mate and all/most of the Untied fans within the joint I work seem besotted with the idea of Giggs being the manager, not next season, 17/18.

Granted they don't want LVG any longer than is necessary, but there is a large anti-JM feeling as they see him as 'not right for Man Untied' and while Baldy Charlton is widely reputed also to be anti-JM, they side with Charlton.

That's what would make it great ;)
Can you imagine the first training session...
20160520_005440.webp

I really want Mourinho, but accept that it may not happen.

However, I think its desperately important we make contact with him and try. For no other reason than I want Moshiri to come in and instill some ambition. In my head:

Kenwright: Moyes is free?

Moshiri: No Bill lad, Mourinho, De Boer and Pellegrini are free. That's the start of our interview list, and the likes of David Moyes and Neil Lennon won't get anywhere near.

Kenwright: Gary Megson?

I work with a Manc who seems to think because te betting odds are 1/6 for mourinho to go there it's a done deal. An thinks because we are Everton we couldn't attract a manager of his calibre so please GOD if you really are looking down on us blues guide him to us so I can P**S on the Manc T**TS chips.

Theres been very little noise from the club about anyone. It could mean they're waiting for people to become available..... Or make up their minds.

I really want Mourinho, but accept that it may not happen.

However, I think its desperately important we make contact with him and try. For no other reason than I want Moshiri to come in and instill some ambition. In my head:

Kenwright: Moyes is free?

Moshiri: No Bill lad, Mourinho, De Boer and Pellegrini are free. That's the start of our interview list, and the likes of David Moyes and Neil Lennon won't get anywhere near.

Kenwright: Gary Megson?
We've been in contact with Jose's people for a weeks now.
Bill Kenwright has no say in the matter. Let's all stop mentioning this?

Last edited:
We've been in contact with Jose's people for a weeks now.
Bill Kenwright has no say in the matter. Let's all stop mentioning this?

According to? National newspapers disagree mate. (I know they are no more than fiction, so happy to be proven wrong like.)

I'm sure Bill discusses these things with Moshiri. My point was less about Bill's influence anyway, and more about the progression from:

Moyes: Loser. Good manager at what he does, but doesn't have the bottle to win trophies and lowers expectations accordingly.

Martinez: Dreamer. Talks the talk, but was failing to deliver. Began to raise expectations.

???: Winner. Came to Goodison with a proven track record of winning things.

According to? National newspapers disagree mate. (I know they are no more than fiction, so happy to be proven wrong like.)

I'm sure Bill discusses these things with Moshiri. My point was less about Bill's influence anyway, and more about the progression from:

Moyes: Loser. Good manager at what he does, but doesn't have the bottle to win trophies and lowers expectations accordingly.

Martinez: Dreamer. Talks the talk, but was failing to deliver. Began to raise expectations.

I can't find the posts now, but The Esk has said on numerous occasions that we're still in talks with Mourinho. And that he contacted us first not the other way around.

According to many ITKs in here and a few other Everton Sites. To my knowledge only Sky Sports said anything opposing that?

Bill is as good as done mate. Has no say in the next Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back