Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emery can play Champion league next season and has a contract until 2017, I don't think he will come here, unrealistic....

Wouldn't cost much compo then!

He had CL this season as well so might not be the complete wow factor to him. Next season...finish third in the group, drop into the EL again, finish somewhere between 5th-7th in the league.....

Utd sacked Moyes when Champs League qualification became mathematically impossible due to contractual reasons i.e. it would have cost them a lot more to do it sooner. The fact that LVG has not yet been sacked is therefore not indicative of a desire to retain him.
I believe the cup final stopped him getting sacked this week. I predict Utd will win the FA Cup, sack LVG and appoint José. Some will then say we'd have had him if not for Utd. It's very unlikely that he'd drop from the Champions to a mid table club with a big rebuilding job albeit with new investment but not enough to financially compete with the rich elite.
There is a small chance it could happen and I'll be ecstatic if it does but the probability is being overestimated be some. If Mosh can prise Koeman from Southampton, which won't be easy, he'll be doing great but will leave some underwhelmed due to unrealistic expectations.
I posted abt this a few months ago. Wouldnt be surprised if minimum requirement is domestic trophy (fa or league cup) and/or champs league qualification. Even Europa league might be enough to keep LVG in the job. If JM doesnt go to Manure, I think we are in pole position to get him, if, he wants to come back to the premiership.

Mourinho talk down to 2nd page of threads..

Its off isn't it? (n)

Not yet...

2ldgm61.jpg

What's the problem with dreaming.
We've all been brain washed for 20 odd years into thinking we are not worthy of the best.
Well I think we are and I think Mourinho is the best so I ain't giving up until the fat lady sings.
The sooner we get rid of this loser mentality the better.
I never liked Bobby when he joined and promised top four, I want top one, the prem title.
I don't want champions league football, not good enough, I want the trophy.

One thing that might worry me is if LVG stays and he comes here we will have 12 months of thinking he is just passing time until the United job is actually available next summer, personly i hope LVG goes and they just get someone else, be interesting to see what happens then.

One thing that might worry me is if LVG stays and he comes here we will have 12 months of thinking he is just passing time until the United job is actually available next summer, personly i hope LVG goes and they just get someone else, be interesting to see what happens then.
I doubt they are keeping LVG for one for season to then want Jose mate. If they are keeping LVG then it is to hand over the position to Giggs the season after probably.

What's the problem with dreaming.
We've all been brain washed for 20 odd years into thinking we are not worthy of the best.
Well I think we are and I think Mourinho is the best so I ain't giving up until the fat lady sings.
The sooner we get rid of this loser mentality the better.
I never liked Bobby when he joined and promised top four, I want top one, the prem title.
I don't want champions league football, not good enough, I want the trophy.
You tell em my equine Friend!

Reach for the stars...
And if you don't grab 'em,
At least you'll fall on top of the world!

*Pitbull...circa 2011...Dale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back