Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All valid points tbf mate, think it's all moot anyway as I don't think he has any intention of coming here.

Whoever we get needs to be put in place sooner rather than later though that's a given.
Think you're right in as much as I think hes very very likely to be at Utd shortly.

IF Utd stick with van Gaal however, I think we would be favourites to land him

Utd sacked Moyes when Champs League qualification became mathematically impossible due to contractual reasons i.e. it would have cost them a lot more to do it sooner. The fact that LVG has not yet been sacked is therefore not indicative of a desire to retain him.
I believe the cup final stopped him getting sacked this week. I predict Utd will win the FA Cup, sack LVG and appoint José. Some will then say we'd have had him if not for Utd. It's very unlikely that he'd drop from the Champions to a mid table club with a big rebuilding job albeit with new investment but not enough to financially compete with the rich elite.
There is a small chance it could happen and I'll be ecstatic if it does but the probability is being overestimated be some. If Mosh can prise Koeman from Southampton, which won't be easy, he'll be doing great but will leave some underwhelmed due to unrealistic expectations.
Fair assessment that, I'm clinging on to the bitter end though. I wouldn't be disappointed with Koeman though, what appear to be his strengths are what we need.

Utd sacked Moyes when Champs League qualification became mathematically impossible due to contractual reasons i.e. it would have cost them a lot more to do it sooner. The fact that LVG has not yet been sacked is therefore not indicative of a desire to retain him.
I believe the cup final stopped him getting sacked this week. I predict Utd will win the FA Cup, sack LVG and appoint José. Some will then say we'd have had him if not for Utd. It's very unlikely that he'd drop from the Champions to a mid table club with a big rebuilding job albeit with new investment but not enough to financially compete with the rich elite.
There is a small chance it could happen and I'll be ecstatic if it does but the probability is being overestimated be some. If Mosh can prise Koeman from Southampton, which won't be easy, he'll be doing great but will leave some underwhelmed due to unrealistic expectations.
unrealistic expectations aside, there are plenty who are just not convinced on Koeman regardless, and with evidence to back their doubts up

Well now

£15m per year!

2983802_heroa.jpg

RUMOURS: Fenerbahce make Mourinho offer

Previous
By Tom Maston

18 May 2016 15:50:00
The ex-Real Madrid manager continues to be linked to Manchester United but the Turkish outfit are hoping a deal worth €15 million-per-year will tempt the Portuguese

Fenerbahce have made a contract offer to Jose Mourinho as the interest in the former Chelsea boss continues to build, according to Fanatik.

The Portuguese has been linked with the likes of Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain, but the Super Lig outfit are keen to tempt him to Turkey.

And chairman Aziz Yildirim has offered Mourinho a contract worth €15 million-per-year in a bid to bring him to Istanbul.

Jose has said numerous times he wants to manage in England. If United don't sack LVG then we are an attractive prospect.
It's just a pity that united didn't get 4th. Along with winning the FA cup I feel they would have kept LVG. It was always a slim chance we'd get Jose, but @The Esk has suggested there has been discussions since April, we must have been given some type of encouragement during these negiotiations (ie they haven't dismissed the idea of him managing Everton totally) But if Utd come calling, we can't compete with them. Still feel koeman will end up as our manager.

It's just a pity that united didn't get 4th. Along with winning the FA cup I feel they would have kept LVG. It was always a slim chance we'd get Jose, but @The Esk has suggested there has been discussions since April, we must have been given some type of encouragement during these negiotiations (ie they haven't dismissed the idea of him managing Everton totally) But if Utd come calling, we can't compete with them. Still feel koeman will end up as our manager.
After last night i would mind us approaching Emery. What he's achieved with Sevilla is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back