Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That fella tried to lump me in the same category mate. Weird.

A lack of ambition and a personal opinion of how the future could unfold are completely different. I admit I have the latter.

It's a lack of intelligence mate, don't agree with someone elses opinion or it's different to yours they must be kopites!!

I'm not going to post a massive reply, anyone who reads through my posts will see the reasons I'm not keen on Mourinho it has NOTHING to do with a lack of ambition and everything to do with the fact I think he'll ruin us, sign expensive over paid mercenaries possibly win us a cup then leave us in the lurch with a massive wage bill and players who now he's not here don't want to play for us anymore and we're now up s**t creek without a paddle.

I want a Koeman or if not De Boer who will come in and get what we're about and emulate Kendall and turn us into what we should be I don't want to sell our soul to Mourinho for an FA Cup only to be s**t on from a great height the second Utd came knocking on his door. Granted Koeman or De Boer could do the same any manager does but everyone knows Mourinho would be a short term fix for a long term problem.

People are letting their desperation for a trophy cloud their judgement on this.

It's a lack of intelligence mate, don't agree with someone elses opinion or it's different to yours they must be kopites!!

I'm not going to post a massive reply, anyone who reads through my posts will see the reasons I'm not keen on Mourinho it has NOTHING to do with a lack of ambition and everything to do with the fact I think he'll ruin us, sign expensive over paid mercenaries possibly win us a cup then leave us in the lurch with a massive wage bill and players who now he's not here don't want to play for us anymore and we're now up s**t creek without a paddle.

I want a Koeman or if not De Boer who will come in and get what we're about and emulate Kendall and turn us into what we should be I don't want to sell our soul to Mourinho for an FA Cup only to be s**t on from a great height the second Utd came knocking on his door. Granted Koeman or De Boer could do the same any manager does but everyone knows Mourinho would be a short term fix for a long term problem.

People are letting their desperation for a trophy cloud their judgement on this.
It's a fair point mate.

The difference a Jose type appointment would do is shift expectation to somewhere he haven't had in 30 years. We would be appealing to much better players than we have been used to, player attitudes would change and that can have a positive effect over a longer period than simply winning a single cup.

I agree that Jose could leave us if a bigger job came up, although he doesn't normally do thst, wouldn't put it past him.

It's a fair point mate.

The difference a Jose type appointment would do is shift expectation to somewhere he haven't had in 30 years. We would be appealing to much better players than we have been used to, player attitudes would change and that can have a positive effect over a longer period than simply winning a single cup.

I agree that Jose could leave us if a bigger job came up, although he doesn't normally do thst, wouldn't put it past him.

I know mate, I get the taking us to a new level bit I really do and part of me is excited by the thought of him coming but 85% of me is saying no.

Doesn't mean I'm right though mate it's just my opinion and I thought that's what these forums are for, fans to share opinions, seems you can't do that here without being accused of being a Kopite because the opinion doesn't go with the staus quo.

Either way I doubt he'll come here anyway so the answer to the Jose question will probably never be answered but if by a smallmiracle he does come he'll get my full support like any incoming manager will. I'd already renewed for me and my 2 kids before Martinez was sacked. I support Everton not the manager, players, board members, coaching staff, nothing. I support Everton.

*hates the papers*

*reads the papers*

smiley-rolleyes008.gif

It's not so much lack of intelligence than a lack of reaching puberty yet I m h o

I know mate, I get the taking us to a new level bit I really do and part of me is excited by the thought of him coming but 85% of me is saying no.

Doesn't mean I'm right though mate it's just my opinion and I thought that's what these forums are for, fans to share opinions, seems you can't do that here without being accused of being a Kopite because the opinion doesn't go with the staus quo.

Either way I doubt he'll come here anyway so the answer to the Jose question will probably never be answered but if by a smallmiracle he does come he'll get my full support like any incoming manager will. I'd already renewed for me and my 2 kids before Martinez was sacked. I support Everton not the manager, players, board members, coaching staff, nothing. I support Everton.
Mourinho wouldn't be a fix to anything imho. What he WOULD BE is the best possible way to fast track through the first few stages of re-establishing us as a relevant football club.

Utd sacked Moyes when Champs League qualification became mathematically impossible due to contractual reasons i.e. it would have cost them a lot more to do it sooner. The fact that LVG has not yet been sacked is therefore not indicative of a desire to retain him.
I believe the cup final stopped him getting sacked this week. I predict Utd will win the FA Cup, sack LVG and appoint José. Some will then say we'd have had him if not for Utd. It's very unlikely that he'd drop from the Champions to a mid table club with a big rebuilding job albeit with new investment but not enough to financially compete with the rich elite.
There is a small chance it could happen and I'll be ecstatic if it does but the probability is being overestimated be some. If Mosh can prise Koeman from Southampton, which won't be easy, he'll be doing great but will leave some underwhelmed due to unrealistic expectations.

Mourinho wouldn't be a fix to anything imho. What he WOULD BE is the best possible way to fast track through the first few stages of re-establishing us as a relevant football club.

It's the cost of the thing though mate, imo we don't have Mourinho money, we can't afford him he will want mega funds and I don't think we'll have them to give him season in season out.

I'd prefer a manager with a plan and a vision to take us forward not one using us as a stop gap. As I say I understand what he brings with him and the global scale he'll take us to but I just think there's other paths we can take that will take us to the promised land that are better than flgoing with Mourinho.

Utd sacked Moyes when Champs League qualification became mathematically impossible due to contractual reasons i.e. it would have cost them a lot more to do it sooner. The fact that LVG has not yet been sacked is therefore not indicative of a desire to retain him.
I believe the cup final stopped him getting sacked this week. I predict Utd will win the FA Cup, sack LVG and appoint José. Some will then say we'd have had him if not for Utd. It's very unlikely that he'd drop from the Champions to a mid table club with a big rebuilding job albeit with new investment but not enough to financially compete with the rich elite.
There is a small chance it could happen and I'll be ecstatic if it does but the probability is being overestimated be some. If Mosh can prise Koeman from Southampton, which won't be easy, he'll be doing great but will leave some underwhelmed due to unrealistic expectations.

Think you are right, JM would prefer to go to an established club not want trying to recover and regain some recognition.

It's the cost of the thing though mate, imo we don't have Mourinho money, we can't afford him he will want mega funds and I don't think we'll have them to give him season in season out.

I'd prefer a manager with a plan and a vision to take us forward not one using us as a stop gap. As I say I understand what he brings with him and the global scale he'll take us to but I just think there's other paths we can take that will take us to the promised land that are better than flgoing with Mourinho.
All those objections are things that would be covered in negotiations with him though.

Moshiri (we assume) isn't an idiot. He's not going to spend money we don't have and jeopardise his investment.

I fully admit that Mourinho might only be here for a couple of years (I think jumping ship after one is less likely). But the result of having had him as a manager would put us in a much improved position to attract another top level manager afterwards.

Also bear in mind that if Mourinho were to take on the challenge of being Everton manager, there's a good chance if would be because he was looking for a different kind of job to those he's had more recently - perhaps to disprove the notion that he's a flat track bully who just throws hundreds of millions of pounds around and succeeds almost by default.

If he was just looking for a payday while he waits a year for the Utd job, he could disappear off to China for 12 months and make probably £20m or so.

Clearly right now the Utd job is his preference, but genuinely think that will change if they don't get rid of van gaal this summer. He's not the sort to go slinking back there in a year's time when they click their fingers.

All those objections are things that would be covered in negotiations with him though.

Moshiri (we assume) isn't an idiot. He's not going to spend money we don't have and jeopardise his investment.

I fully admit that Mourinho might only be here for a couple of years (I think jumping ship after one is less likely). But the result of having had him as a manager would put us in a much improved position to attract another top level manager afterwards.

Also bear in mind that if Mourinho were to take on the challenge of being Everton manager, there's a good chance if would be because he was looking for a different kind of job to those he's had more recently - perhaps to disprove the notion that he's a flat track bully who just throws hundreds of millions of pounds around and succeeds almost by default.

If he was just looking for a payday while he waits a year for the Utd job, he could disappear off to China for 12 months and make probably £20m or so.

Clearly right now the Utd job is his preference, but genuinely think that will change if they don't get rid of van gaal this summer. He's not the sort to go slinking back there in a year's time when they click their fingers.

All valid points tbf mate, think it's all moot anyway as I don't think he has any intention of coming here.

Whoever we get needs to be put in place sooner rather than later though that's a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back