Can we stop the Mourinho talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kind of hilarious and evident that the press have absolutely no idea whether Van Gaal is going to stay or not. I also find it funny that he's come out and said that the fans expectations is too much, finishing 5th. That is going to rile United fans. It must p1ss them off that they were beaten to the title on goal difference and now a champions league spot to City.

So far I've read headlines of
"Van Gaal will remain as United boss next season"
"Van Gaal adamant he will stay as United boss next season"
"Mourinho told he's got the United job IF Van Gaal leaves"
"Jose Mourinho rubbishes talk of Man Utd agreement"
"Jose Mourinho in talks with Paris St Germain".

and all within a day.

The headline "Mourinho told he's got United job IF Van Gaal leaves" is just the icing on the cake. What type of friggen headline is that? And to think, just a few days ago they were saying "Mourinho to be United boss, report to be released within hours"

No we should not but I want Everton to win the title not Jose 'good at spending, egotistical half -wit etc. Then again if we won...
when-people-ask-me-if-we-should-get-fries-or-wings-with-our-pizza-why-not-both-1460322811.jpg

I totally get why its a mad shout! i honestly do! George Graham did it with spurs and arsenal. The milan clubs have done it a load its a pill to swallow but i don't think its beyond reason. Thing is moshiri would get some stick if that did happen and rightly so. But I PERSONALLY don't think theres many more qualified with the experience. My preference...... JM (Pipe dream) RK (sounds like he isn't interested) FSW (Rafael). I want success. He has had a reasonable amount of the stuff in our league.

The thing is, Rafael would have to hit the ground running.

A poor start and the fans are down on him like a ton of bricks.

A hiding in the derby, which has happened at some point under most managers we have had, Joe Royle excepted, and the pitchforks will be out and the RS will be congratulating "Agent Rafael" for his splendid work behind enemy lines.

Appointing Rafael only works if we become world beaters overnight.

And we won't.

But what is the most compelling reason why should we not appoint Rafael?

Because he ain't all that good.

Best days long since behind him.

FFS he couldn't engineer a win at Aston Villa in a must win game against the worst team to grace the EPL in yonkos.

If they had won that game they might well have worried Sunderland out of it over the last two games.

And remember, he bottled it big time the season he cracked up with Ferguson when they were six points clear at the top.

Rafael would have to hit the ground running

In the unlikely scenario that he did, it would make no difference to me mate. It's about pride.

He insulted our club. In my book you don't come back from that. What he said was disrespectful and offensive. Even if he apologised, which he hasn't, I still wouldn't extend a welcome. If he's a man of principle he would avoid us as much as we should avoid him.

You know it makes sense goat. Oodles of sky moolah slooshing about maybe Moshy could sweeten the deal with a longterm investment opportunity to Jose to grab himself a slice. And what better way to protect your investment than ACTUALLY FUPPING MANAGING US. That Moshy is nothing short of a genius to have thought of it.

That's not part of any deal mate, even if it's a good idea on paper.

In the unlikely scenario that he did, it would make no difference to me mate. It's about pride.

He insulted our club. In my book you don't come back from that. What he said was disrespectful and offensive. Even if he apologised, which he hasn't, I still wouldn't extend a welcome. If he's a man of principle he would avoid us as much as we should avoid him.
+10

I applaud your honour in all this... But a shiny trophy? Come one now....

Oh, I endorse all of that.

I was just pointing out to the chap whom favours Rafael coming here the pitfalls of such an unlikely scenario happening.

He would face an impossible task to win round the fans....your truly included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back