Carabao Cup 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to say this but I am glad that we lost yesterday. It was written in the stars that we would draw that lot and also that we would lose in the most heartbreaking manner. Like a 99th minute own goal by Michael Keane or some other disaster. Bullet dodged.
I don't want to see another humiliation at the hands of that lot.

I'm not glad. Would rather still be in it - but of course, no eyelids batted when we crash out because of the usual BS.

We're not ever beating the vermin while they are 'brand relevant' and we (apparently) are not. Because the game is ruled by money, corruption and coercion.

If we went ahead at Anfield in the 1st leg, they could literally pick any minute they want to buy a pen in the box, or commit the most X rated tackles without punishment.

If the higher powers want the Reds to win. They will win. Especially over two legs.

You've even read the confession - "we just give Liverpool stuff if the Kop gets nowty". Or words to that effect. Asterisked, PED fuelled paper champions, every time.

My grandson was there and cried when we lost. His innocent enthusiasm at the prospect of winning a trophy was both uplifting and amusing to a cynical care-worn old Blue like me. We need to get more of that optimism back in supporting the team.
Im from liverpool, love everton and I'm proud to support the blues. Have 3 lads brought up in London who are blues too. Optimism - that's another matter and that's the bit that makes me sad at the moment.

Im from liverpool, love everton and I'm proud to support the blues. Have 3 lads brought up in London who are blues too. Optimism - that's another matter and that's the bit that makes me sad at the moment.
I know what you mean, but it just makes me realise how far I have lost the simple joy of going to the game with a positive outlook, whatever the outcome. I need to change my mindset and enjoy the good things while I can instead of worrying about the downside.

Would have been an interesting test to get them in the Semi Finals

I reckon we would have had a go if nothing else

We always have a go, we rarely get battered. But we’d still conspire to shoot ourselves in the foot and lose in the most sickening way imaginable, which is worse than just getting battered imo, and they enjoy it more.

A chance to kick the crap out of them over 2 games, giving them 2 tough games with the 2nd leg at Goodison.

Would have taken it all day every day. Out of all the teams left at the QF stage, we would have been the team they would have wanted to avoid.

They'll have that semi final wrapped up by the first leg against Fulham

I am still pretty angry, more than ive ever been. There is no justifying a pen like that based on who we may have got in the S/F. Ive seen the whole shoot out from behind the goal the other end, and Onana's whole demeanor is wrong for me. While others are celebrating the Pickford pen save - he just does nothing, then instantly walks to the pen. Off couse we are going back the players but people acting or coming up with silly reasons to act as though its ok because we were going out to Liverpool is wrong as well

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but it just makes me realise how far I have lost the simple joy of going to the game with a positive outlook, whatever the outcome. I need to change my mindset and enjoy the good things while I can instead of worrying about the downside.
I'll try if you do mate!!

So exacerbated by the dour reactions in here. Appalled
when people used to say about moanin over kenwright this is one of the reasons , we’re. now at the point where we’d rather not bother playing liverpool because we know the outcome same as with most other top teams one win in 15 season or 20 seasons , it’s a mentality that’s going to take years to change just as it took years to build

Status
Not open for further replies.