Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bournemouth made 9 changes, we made 11. Most of our 11 players are earning double at least what Bournemouth's team last night earn. The team Lampard put out were capable of winning, but they're gutless. But frankly being knocked out of the Worthless Cup is the least of our concerns.
Perhaps. But it is very much related to our greater concerns: being technically crap and tactically clueless.

As an optimist I feel there’s no way these beat us twice in a week . Last night only showed what we already know. Not enough strength in depth and the same bad players putting in yet another bad performance . Worried for frank now and Saturday now massive for all of us … a win will ease the pressure and not to far from the transfer window. Keane , Mina , Davies all need to be moved on and some of others need competition for there places so they either improve or get shifted in next window . cant keep sacking managers because of poor players so please god we win at the weekend … ????

Like I said, I don’t care if they are worse than the current festering shithouses we have in the squad (I don’t know how they can be or that the managers can assess that just on training sessions/reserve fixtures alone) - I would have sooner seen the lads mentioned and who Frank was talking up before the game getting minutes or coming on off the bench, than the usual suspects.

Frank is doing what his predecessors did, and it will be his undoing if he continues - showing too much respect and trust for the “senior” players, we already know aren’t good enough, who are on bloated contracts and don’t have any desire or hunger to work and improve themselves when given any opportunity. Let the kids have a go ffs.

I hope he means and follows up on his post match comments about these senior players that knocked on his door demanding game time letting him down and not doing enough are bombed out the squad come Saturday and post WC.

If Keane, Mina, Holgate and Davies are in the match day squad on sat, then he’s not even listening to himself so why should the players?
well if they are worse than Keane, Mina, Holgate & Davies he's not going to play them.
6 Managers now have largely ignored the young players, reason because apart from Gordon none have shown they can do anything in the first team.

I'd be surprised if those players are not on the bench Saturday.

The crappy All Blacks who won the Rugby Championship this year. I don't think you get to moan about them for a good while yet.
I did employ the adjectival modifier 'relatively'. Yes, they're still a team any opposition would underrate at their own peril, but they're not the fearsomely formidable force they (for so long) once were. The World Cup next year promises to be an absorbing contest with I reckon five teams capable of holding aloft the Cup.

Bournemouth made 9 changes, we made 11. Most of our 11 players are earning double at least what Bournemouth's team last night earn. The team Lampard put out were capable of winning, but they're gutless. But frankly being knocked out of the Worthless Cup is the least of our concerns.
Same central defense as most of last year and we looked as vulnerable as ever. Thank god FL brought in a couple of center backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back