Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The number of people saying FL "threw the game" is baffling. Some people make it sound as if a former player with every trophy to his name didn't want to win the match.

He didn't "throw the game" by picking senior/squad players, he gave Prem experienced players like Keane/Mina/Holgate/Dacs/Davies etc the opportunity to go and show why they should be contenders for the first 11 most weeks. They failed miserably, only proving FL's post-game point about why they are not starting every week.

If Davies doesn't put the ball into orbit or Gordon doesn't head over the bar from 2 yards maybe it's a different outcome. Imagine being Chelsea's record scorer who bagged 15-20 a year watching misses like that, plus Dom & Iwobi's miss the week before, plus Gray & Onana's miss v Spurs. No wonder his hair is falling out.
Save on the cherry blossom.

He didn't tell the team go out and lose. He didn't tell Davies and Gordon to miss sitters, or Holgate to simulate ice skating. I'm not saying there's not a question over team selection and it will be on his shoulders, but to say there was no hope of winning or it was a "thrown game" is just not true.
He picked a team that wasn't good enough to win. This isn't hindsight either btw - I said it before kick off.

He could have given the greatest most inspirational pre match team talk of all time last night for all I know. It doesn't mean those players were good enough to win.

He disrespected the competition and every fan who travelled down there. I will never accept that and never give a pass to any manager who does it. Not Benitez, not Silva, and not Lampard either

He picked a team that wasn't good enough to win. This isn't hindsight either btw - I said it before kick off.

He could have given the greatest most inspirational pre match team talk of all time last night for all I know. It doesn't mean those players were good enough to win.

He disrespected the competition and every fan who travelled down there. I will never accept that and never give a pass to any manager who does it. Not Benitez, not Silva, and not Lampard either
Still angry Tim?

This game reminded me of the one Kendall had against Coventry was it 4-1 as well? 97/8. That finger pointing picture with Craig Short? Big Dunc looking on bemused.

One of the most embarassing performances I've ever seen. Sell the lot. Seriously - sell them all and start again. They've let us down again and do not deserve another chance to wear the blue shirt.
We'll struggle for buyers - but get them off the books by hook or crook.

Status
Not open for further replies.