Match Thread Carabao Cup: Bournemouth v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So just like Crystal Palace last year?

I understand why he changed the team, so Bournemouth don't get a look at the real team but most of these guys should be playing for their next contract.

4.16am just walked in. Left here at 11.30am yesterday. Absolutely disgusting team selection by the manager, disgusting performance by the players. I don’t post often at all on this forum but Keane and Davies should never play for our club again.

Let me make some points

1. If the manager is going to change a full 11 - have the decency to be honest in the press conference and let the travelling fans no, so we can lower our expectations

2. If we don’t want to attempt to win this trophy, apply next season not to enter! We played a stronger team at Fleetwood and then threw the game tonight. Where is the sense in that for the fans

3. The team go to Australia next week and will play a stronger team in two meaningless friendlies than a national competition tonight
Read that again and let that sink in

4, Conor Coady cannot play on Boxing Day, meaning after Saturday he cannot play for us until NYE. Does he need a rest?

5. Coady and Tarks statistically have not missed a game for wolves and Burnley for years, they don’t get injured or suspended, so they need a rest?

6. We hardly have a player going to the World Cup. We have 6 weeks off, do these players need a rest ?

7. If we were playing a CL game tonight or had drawn say Liverpool would we have made 11 changes, no we wouldn’t so why did we tonight ?

8. On the basis we play 4-3-3 in the league why did we change formation tonight to 5-3-2. How is this meant to help the players coming in

Basically we got 11 strangers together, threw them on the pitch with a formation we don’t play and let them get wet. Sunday football league stuff this

Thanks very much Everton. Two days off work. £200 and 16 hours to get soaked and knocked out. It may mean nothing to you lot as club - but it does to some of us fans

27 years. Thanks very very much
Surely you traveled down with a little bit of awareness that:
1. Our best 11 is capable of losing
2. We weren’t even going to play our best 11

4.16am just walked in. Left here at 11.30am yesterday. Absolutely disgusting team selection by the manager, disgusting performance by the players. I don’t post often at all on this forum but Keane and Davies should never play for our club again.

Let me make some points

1. If the manager is going to change a full 11 - have the decency to be honest in the press conference and let the travelling fans no, so we can lower our expectations

2. If we don’t want to attempt to win this trophy, apply next season not to enter! We played a stronger team at Fleetwood and then threw the game tonight. Where is the sense in that for the fans

3. The team go to Australia next week and will play a stronger team in two meaningless friendlies than a national competition tonight

4, Conor Coady cannot play on Boxing Day, meaning after Saturday he cannot play for us until NYE. Does he need a rest?

5. Coady and Tarks statistically have not missed a game for wolves and Burnley for years, they don’t get injured or suspended, so they need a rest?

6. We hardly have a player going to the World Cup. We have 6 weeks off, do these players need a rest ?

7. If we were playing a CL game tonight or had drawn say Liverpool would we have made 11 changes, no we wouldn’t so why did we tonight ?

8. On the basis we play 4-3-3 in the league why did we change formation tonight to 5-3-2. How is this meant to help the players coming in

Basically we got 11 strangers together, threw them on the pitch with a formation we don’t play and let them get wet. Sunday football league stuff this

Thanks very much Everton. Two days off work. £200 and 16 hours to get soaked and knocked out. It may mean nothing to you lot as club - but it does to some of us fans

100%

The manager has created this issue, and I can have no faith in his decision making going forward

He's not suitable to manage Everton if he thinks it's acceptable to select that team. He didn't even apologise for it in his interview which is just pure arrogance.

I feel extremely bad for everyone who travelled down. The manager slapped you all in the face and showed enormous levels of disrespect.

The problem is I don't think anyone actually wants Lampard out, because yet again we will be back to square one, and someone else comes in. We forget it’s not just the manager, it’s the whole coaching staff/infrastructure that goes along with him. Also, who comes in? Who’s out there? Who wants to come and manage Everton who have got rid of about 8 managers in 8 years or whatever.

I don’t think anyone wants Frank out, yet, but his decisions are now becoming questionable. The whole ‘he kept us up’ ‘he’s an evertonian’ narrative is now wearing thin. His signings have been poor. If Frank wanted McNeil, Maupay and Alli, if these are Frank Lampard signings then he needs to be held accountable. These guys have replaced Richarlison and plugged a hole up front, they all simply are not good enough. Surly there were better players available, even from abroad. I still think Joao Pedro would have been a much better buy than McNeil. He looks lost to me. Lost.

Frank needs to quickly sort this out. Bournemouth Saturday has now become a must win game, not must draw, but simply must win. How he gets this win is upto him and his team now. Without Dom up front it’s going to be hard but Maupay is not the answer so surly Rondon deserves a chance. At least we will have a target man up there. Frank’s tactics are questionable at times but this is where he needs to earn his coin. We are on a poor poor run and need this last game to be positive.

just this last couple of hours I've seen the result (yes, a sad indictment on the status that Everton nowaday commands of my attention/care.) Poor , poor result...abject, parlous, pusillanimous and craven.

Everton that.

But I am still intending to buy an apartment near BMD. Because Everton is my team...like the nowaday (relatively) capriciously crappy All Blacks are my team...and the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.

NSNO

Kia Kaha
My motm yesterday

The problem is I don't think anyone actually wants Lampard out, because yet again we will be back to square one, and someone else comes in. We forget it’s not just the manager, it’s the whole coaching staff/infrastructure that goes along with him. Also, who comes in? Who’s out there? Who wants to come and manage Everton who have got rid of about 8 managers in 8 years or whatever.

I don’t think anyone wants Frank out, yet, but his decisions are now becoming questionable. The whole ‘he kept us up’ ‘he’s an evertonian’ narrative is now wearing thin. His signings have been poor. If Frank wanted McNeil, Maupay and Alli, if these are Frank Lampard signings then he needs to be held accountable. These guys have replaced Richarlison and plugged a hole up front, they all simply are not good enough. Surly there were better players available, even from abroad. I still think Joao Pedro would have been a much better buy than McNeil. He looks lost to me. Lost.

Frank needs to quickly sort this out. Bournemouth Saturday has now become a must win game, not must draw, but simply must win. How he gets this win is upto him and his team now. Without Dom up front it’s going to be hard but Maupay is not the answer so surly Rondon deserves a chance. At least we will have a target man up there. Frank’s tactics are questionable at times but this is where he needs to earn his coin. We are on a poor poor run and need this last game to be positive.
I think we know he wants to bolster the attack. Our midfield and defence are under constant pressure because the wingers and striker are so poor at holding onto the ball or creating anything. He needs to be given January transfer window.

My "like" was for Gaffa's comment. 100% agree with it. FL got this totally wrong. A pattern of mistakes from him in all areas of his jobs is now becoming a worrying trend.

Let me make some points

Ah this is horrible to read. Well done though, credit to you and the others who went. They let you down. All of you down. As per usual. Once again.

I’m not absolving the manager of blame but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was told to prioritise league safety over a cup run this season. If, and it’s an enormous if, we get 3 points on Saturday then you can maybe argue it was worth it to select the bunch of dossers that played last night.

Probably because they are not good enough, if a youth player is good enough they eventually break into the team, if there not then they end up leaving and going into lower leagues (what a lot of ours do)

Managers won't just ignore kids if they are clearly better than other players.
Like I said, I don’t care if they are worse than the current festering shithouses we have in the squad (I don’t know how they can be or that the managers can assess that just on training sessions/reserve fixtures alone) - I would have sooner seen the lads mentioned and who Frank was talking up before the game getting minutes or coming on off the bench, than the usual suspects.

Frank is doing what his predecessors did, and it will be his undoing if he continues - showing too much respect and trust for the “senior” players, we already know aren’t good enough, who are on bloated contracts and don’t have any desire or hunger to work and improve themselves when given any opportunity. Let the kids have a go ffs.

I hope he means and follows up on his post match comments about these senior players that knocked on his door demanding game time letting him down and not doing enough are bombed out the squad come Saturday and post WC.

If Keane, Mina, Holgate and Davies are in the match day squad on sat, then he’s not even listening to himself so why should the players?

Let me make some points

100%, hopefully somebody can highlight this post to the club,I'd be fascinated with their reply

Just another Everton manager who overestimated the ability of our second string to get the job done. Nothing new

But what is frightening is that most of them were our first team players in previous years. Their first goal was a fluke, how Tom Davies missed that open goal only he will know, the defence then falls over and we’re two down, Iwobi and Gray combine for a great goal, Mina strolls around the box half asleep and it 3-1, then the defence collapses completely and it’s 4-1, pure shambles by the players…..

Status
Not open for further replies.