CARABAO CUP DATES

When it comes to Everton, i am totally negative nowadays sadly. Any last remnants of optimism were sucked out of me the past 2 seasons. Just expect the worst and very apathetic. Hope it changes sometime in the future but not holding my breath.
You have got to have some optimism mate or whats the point? Its supposed to be escapism dont let it do your head in. We will beat Southampton at home Newcastle beat them with 10 men ;)

It's a farce, it's how Fat Spanish Waiter was able to do well in Champions League, yet was useless in premier league. Play a bunch of pub sides in group stage, get a lucky draw playing at Anfield in 2nd leg and that's how you ended up with Liverpool playing an AC Milan side in 07, who zimmerframed to final. That RS side barely got into group stage. I'm convinced cup draws are fixed, in 09, it was clearly being set up for either a United v Chelsea final or United v Arsenal. Same how we never got Stoke in 2016, because it had been decided they wanted a City v Liverpool final.
and when we got into CL, they created a n extra round, we got villa real, RS got TNS!!

The EFL and the FA continue to denigrate the game they are supposed to be custodians and caretakers of, aided and abetted by the corrupt premier league and uefa.

PSR, financial fair play and the legalised match fixing of this current corrupt version of VAR killed footy, it has been dead for a while, these latest “improvements” are just defiling the corpse.

This seeding nonsense and euro teams being unable to play each other stinks of the scab 6 getting their way again after their post-ESL demands for backing down and not destroying football for good.

Instead of the authorities completely throwing the book at all the clubs involved with bans from multiple competitions or transfer bans etc, they gave them a tap on the bum with an ask to make a donation to grassroots football pathetic fine (still no proof they have done this) and then continued to allow them to call all the shots.

Same goes with the new CL format, all just to give more money to the few scab scumbags involved.

Glad we are still in it of course, and a home draw is all we could ask for in goodisons last season of football, but they want the usual suspects to win it, like they do every season.

If we were the better team we would be above them but we aren't because we are currently the worst team in the league. No draw against a PL team is a good draw regardless of home or away when you are as bad as we are.
It's only two games. Last season with easier fixtures we collected one point. And had a points deduction hanging over us.

It's not been great, but this team does have talent we just to try and get through Bournemouth best we can and regroup after the international break, when players like Branthwaite and Chermiti come back and Lindstrom is fully fit. I'm certain we will start to collect points again on a semi consistent basis.

It's only two games. Last season with easier fixtures we collected one point. And had a points deduction hanging over us.

It's not been great, but this team does have talent we just to try and get through Bournemouth best we can and regroup after the international break, when players like Branthwaite and Chermiti come back and Lindstrom is fully fit. I'm certain we will start to collect points again on a semi consistent basis.
Hope so mate.

£25.00 for a 3rd round game

milking-cow.gif

It's not been confirmed as the 17th September. Might say that date on the website, but it's still only penciled in for now. I read the other day that, for some reason, it can't be the week commencing Monday 16th September, and instead would have to be either Tuesday 24th or Wednesday 25th September.

I hope it's the latter, the U21's play Stockport away on the 17th, I wanna tick another ground off that night.

It's not been confirmed as the 17th September. Might say that date on the website, but it's still only penciled in for now. I read the other day that, for some reason, it can't be the week commencing Monday 16th September, and instead would have to be either Tuesday 24th or Wednesday 25th September.

I hope it's the latter, the U21's play Stockport away on the 17th, I wanna tick another ground off that night.
Same.

Soton's narrative on their website and socials is that it will be w/c 23rd Sept

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back