Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes got results, thats been his goal.

You say he should be working things out, I'm honestly boring myself with this, but hes tried everything and anything, different formations, different players, different systems. I would imagine the sensible conclusion hes reached is that only better players can play better football.

You go from thread to thread calling all our players rubbish, bar a few, then you come in and claim Carlo should have them playing like 1970 Brazil.

You cant have it both ways, which is it, bad players or bad manager? Or I suspect you think both.

He even tried to appease a man child in Youtube Harry in the hope that he would get something from him, but nope, pure pony is pony.

For the record I don't think our players are as bad as you say, I think we have been very unlucky with injuries and if we could get our "best first 11" on the pitch all at the same time I think we would be fine, you know, considering that last time it happened we were totally fine.

But we have no depth sadly, in a lot of positions so when injuries or a lack of form hits, we struggle.

You act like Carlo has is fighting relegation, hes got us fighting for 4th, we ain't a million miles away.

And you only have to watch his face on the touchline to know he is NOT ok with how we are playing.
My concern is next season will be similar to most of our managers second full seasons. Results don't breed more results.

I agree, our best XI can be good, but I don't agree with tearing it down when it isn't available and I don't believe we needed to keep it so defensive for so long. The problem with not continuously trying to play how we started the season is we now can't do it. When we try (Burnley) we end up a mess.

I think Carlo is a great manager and I'm also not sure he's the right manager for us right now. If we're waiting for great players it probably isn't going to happen. We need another winger, at least two CMs, a RB, a keeper and maybe a CB too. Allan and James are 30 so by the time we find those pieces we probably end up needing those spots again. It's likely a repeating cycle unless we get very specific with how we're planning to develop and recruit. We have to have a great pipeline and we don't.

I've said it for awhile, the performances aren't good even if the results still largely are. I personally think there are questions to ask of players and management. I may only think we've got 5 good players but Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley have like 2 combined maybe (don't ask me who I didn't think about it) so we can be better in those games than we have done.

My concern is next season will be similar to most of our managers second full seasons. Results don't breed more results.

I agree, our best XI can be good, but I don't agree with tearing it down when it isn't available and I don't believe we needed to keep it so defensive for so long. The problem with not continuously trying to play how we started the season is we now can't do it. When we try (Burnley) we end up a mess.

I think Carlo is a great manager and I'm also not sure he's the right manager for us right now. If we're waiting for great players it probably isn't going to happen. We need another winger, at least two CMs, a RB, a keeper and maybe a CB too. Allan and James are 30 so by the time we find those pieces we probably end up needing those spots again. It's likely a repeating cycle unless we get very specific with how we're planning to develop and recruit. We have to have a great pipeline and we don't.

I've said it for awhile, the performances aren't good even if the results still largely are. I personally think there are questions to ask of players and management. I may only think we've got 5 good players but Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley have like 2 combined maybe (don't ask me who I didn't think about it) so we can be better in those games than we have done.
We dont need better players to beat Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley.

Thats just football sadly, good teams get beat by bad teams every week, Spurs have just been beaten by actual farmers.

Of course when it happens once its a concern, when it happens 3 times, well, I don't know.

So no, we dont need better players to beat the teams I mentioned, but we have done pretty well against the better teams.

We weren't even unlucky in the games we have lost, we were just very, very bad, as a unit, I have no solutions, I honestly put it down to just footy innit and hope that with fans next season we can get Fortress Goodison back, of course the flip side is that our away record possibly wont be as good.

Maybe we need those players you mentioned, if we want a top, top team, but you don't need a top, top team to fight for 4th, Leicester have like 3 good players and they have competed for 2 seasons now. We just need to fill in our glaring holes at RB, RW and in CM, plus another attacking option somewhere, somebody creative.

No, none of that is easy and yes, you will no doubt notice I omitted Englands number 1, hes still an issue, but I personally don't consider him a major hindrance to our goals, I'm sure you will see it differently.

I consider myself a glass half full kinda guy, I always try and see a positive future, but deep down im a realist and I do realise how far away we truly are, but if we could sign 3 or 4 players of real quality this summer, well, who knows? Great players carry teams on their backs solo, roll the dice and see what we get.

Each and every moment of your life you enjoy and each and every moment of your life is worthy.

You guys, you can do it. You can be the best that you can be, and we can do it together. It’s gonna take effort, and it’s going to take patience, it’s going to take a lot a lot a lot of work.

But if we don’t try then what the hell is stopping us from just throwing ourselves off a bridge, and giving up, and saying “Yeah the planet is dying. The government hates us. The animals are leaving. The aliens aren’t contacting us. We might be alone. It just might be you and me.” But that’s okay. Because do you really need anyone else!?

We dont need better players to beat Fulham, Newcastle and Burnley.

Thats just football sadly, good teams get beat by bad teams every week, Spurs have just been beaten by actual farmers.

Of course when it happens once its a concern, when it happens 3 times, well, I don't know.

So no, we dont need better players to beat the teams I mentioned, but we have done pretty well against the better teams.

We weren't even unlucky in the games we have lost, we were just very, very bad, as a unit, I have no solutions, I honestly put it down to just footy innit and hope that with fans next season we can get Fortress Goodison back, of course the flip side is that our away record possibly wont be as good.

Maybe we need those players you mentioned, if we want a top, top team, but you don't need a top, top team to fight for 4th, Leicester have like 3 good players and they have competed for 2 seasons now. We just need to fill in our glaring holes at RB, RW and in CM, plus another attacking option somewhere, somebody creative.

No, none of that is easy and yes, you will no doubt notice I omitted Englands number 1, hes still an issue, but I personally don't consider him a major hindrance to our goals, I'm sure you will see it differently.

I consider myself a glass half full kinda guy, I always try and see a positive future, but deep down im a realist and I do realise how far away we truly are, but if we could sign 3 or 4 players of real quality this summer, well, who knows? Great players carry teams on their backs solo, roll the dice and see what we get.

Each and every moment of your life you enjoy and each and every moment of your life is worthy.

You guys, you can do it. You can be the best that you can be, and we can do it together. It’s gonna take effort, and it’s going to take patience, it’s going to take a lot a lot a lot of work.

But if we don’t try then what the hell is stopping us from just throwing ourselves off a bridge, and giving up, and saying “Yeah the planet is dying. The government hates us. The animals are leaving. The aliens aren’t contacting us. We might be alone. It just might be you and me.” But that’s okay. Because do you really need anyone else!?

When Everton are good I enjoy every second of it. But we just aren't enjoyable right now for me at least. It's tedious. If I was neutral I'd never watch us like I never watch Wolves.

Leicester have quite a few good players, but also far less bad players, and they've done a good job of not buying more bad players.

I'm not even going to argue about the number of holes in the team. It is possible that 4 players could fix it but I don't expect us to sign 4 players that can do that. I'm hoping we sign an exciting winger and just go for it next year.

When Everton are good I enjoy every second of it. But we just aren't enjoyable right now for me at least. It's tedious. If I was neutral I'd never watch us like I never watch Wolves.

Leicester have quite a few good players, but also far less bad players, and they've done a good job of not buying more bad players.

I'm not even going to argue about the number of holes in the team. It is possible that 4 players could fix it but I don't expect us to sign 4 players that can do that. I'm hoping we sign an exciting winger and just go for it next year.
Theres a perception that Leicester havent bought bad players.

Under doesn't look great so far, Perez for 30m is criminal, Ghezzal.

They bought 2 outstanding players in Maddison and Tielemans and of course they have/had the boy Vardy.

Not saying they are their only good players and they have made some good signings along the way, but 1 or 2 players of real quality can change most sides, look at the boy Bruno at United, VVD transformed Big Red.

Sometimes it takes 1 player.

And no I'm not suggesting we can pluck out a Bruno or a VVD, but I don't see why we cant pluck out a Madders or a Youri.

I watch other teams and they pass the ball, build attacks, I watch us and our International players sometimes cant even make a 5 yard pass, I'm not blinkered.

Theres a perception that Leicester havent bought bad players.

Under doesn't look great so far, Perez for 30m is criminal, Ghezzal.

They bought 2 outstanding players in Maddison and Tielemans and of course they have/had the boy Vardy.

Not saying they are their only good players and they have made some good signings along the way, but 1 or 2 players of real quality can change most sides, look at the boy Bruno at United, VVD transformed Big Red.

Sometimes it takes 1 player.

And no I'm not suggesting we can pluck out a Bruno or a VVD, but I don't see why we cant pluck out a Madders or a Youri.

I watch other teams and they pass the ball, build attacks, I watch us and our International players sometimes cant even make a 5 yard pass, I'm not blinkered.
They can at least make Perez useful. I'd rather have Iwobi, but not how we use him. It's things like that, making the most of what we have. OK Perez was a bad signing but now he's a super sub and it's whatever, they've also made seemingly bad players like Iheanacho fine. Our bad players are bad, we loan players out to teams far better and it is all very strange.

They can at least make Perez useful. I'd rather have Iwobi, but not how we use him. It's things like that, making the most of what we have. OK Perez was a bad signing but now he's a super sub and it's whatever, they've also made seemingly bad players like Iheanacho fine. Our bad players are bad, we loan players out to teams far better and it is all very strange.
Think we have only ever loaned 1 player out to a team better than us and that's Moise Kean and you know why he went.

The problem Ancelloti has got is he has remnants of about 4 different managers squads. Hopefully this summer he can get 3-5 of his own in and implement a system of his choosing with players who can play it. Sigurdsson and Iwobi situations are totally different. Sigurdsson can only really play one position which is CAM or number 10 whichever you want to call it, if he is on song and the right players are around him he is an asset. However when the wrong players are around or he his asked to play any other position he absolutely stinks the place out. Iwobi on the other hand doesn't really have any position he excels in. He can beat a man but then he can't cross so winger isn't really any good. He can't play the clever through like James and Sigurdsson so number 10 doesn't work as I don't think he has the ability to score 10 goals a season like Cahill did and if your not going to create you need to score to justify your place. I don't think he's got the energy or discipline to play the box to box role.

Think we have only ever loaned 1 player out to a team better than us and that's Moise Kean and you know why he went.
Sheffield United finished above us last year. They didn't get Besic back and they're going down. Makes you think.

Nah, I should have said player, but still, it is dead weird.

The problem Ancelloti has got is he has remnants of about 4 different managers squads. Hopefully this summer he can get 3-5 of his own in and implement a system of his choosing with players who can play it. Sigurdsson and Iwobi situations are totally different. Sigurdsson can only really play one position which is CAM or number 10 whichever you want to call it, if he is on song and the right players are around him he is an asset. However when the wrong players are around or he his asked to play any other position he absolutely stinks the place out. Iwobi on the other hand doesn't really have any position he excels in. He can beat a man but then he can't cross so winger isn't really any good. He can't play the clever through like James and Sigurdsson so number 10 doesn't work as I don't think he has the ability to score 10 goals a season like Cahill did and if your not going to create you need to score to justify your place. I don't think he's got the energy or discipline to play the box to box role.

Every manager in world football has remnants of several managers’ players in their squads.

Every manager in world football has remnants of several managers’ players in their squads.

They do but we have had so many with different philosophys. Ancelotti will get it right it will just take time. There is a few gems like Richarlison and Digne from other managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back