Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you’re right mate, I wanted us to appoint David Moyes instead.

Nah, not having that. Obvious is obvious.

I reckon you stink (no offence intended) of Tuchel or Nagelsmann or somebody.

If you did want Moyes I wouldn't knock you for that. I've always maintained that he's a very good manager. Certainly a lot better than Koeman and Silva. In fact, he did the job of both Koeman and Walsh on his own, and did it a whole lot better, with next to nothing in terms of net spend.

I don't believe we should ever get him back though, because it would be divisive.

and fans are allowed to voice opinion or concern.

Of course they are. I suspect 95% of people who post on here, expect their views to be challenged sometimes. Don't know why anybody moans about that to tbh. Reckon some of them wouldn't even bother if nobody challenged their views from time to time. :D

Of course they are. I suspect 95% of people who post on here, expect their views to be challenged. Don't know why anybody moans about that to tbh. Reckon some of them wouldn't even bother if nobody challenged their views from time to time. :D
I'm not on just about you mate, anytime anyone questions Carlo they get a few [posters going at them like their opinion doesn't matter or count. I don't see a problem questioning anything about the club, we are it's supporters by hook or by crook and we all want what we think is best no matter how deluded.

I'm not on just about you mate, anytime anyone questions Carlo they get a few [posters going at them like their opinion doesn't matter or count. I don't see a problem questioning anything about the club, we are it's supporters by hook or by crook and we all want what we think is best no matter how deluded.

Perhaps some people think it's all a bit negative.?

I personally believe too many people get caught up in individual games, and runs of form, and take their eye off the bigger picture. I also feel that there's perhaps been a premature rise in expectations this season,

Just my opinion though. I won't be ramming it down peoples throats with a 2 day argument over 15 pages :)

Perhaps some people think it's all a bit negative.?

I personally believe too many people get caught up in individual games, and runs of form, and take their eye off the bigger picture. I also feel that there's perhaps been a premature rise in expectations this season,

Just my opinion though. I won't be ramming it down peoples throats with a 2 day argument over 15 pages :)
I am one who thinks it is negative mate. I will question it and I have done. I won't have that Carlo is infallible but doesn't mean I think I know better either. I just post on what I am seeing and try(sometimes very difficult) to see the bigger picture.

I don't think these players are as bad as some of these performances suggest and nothing will change my mind on that. I have never liked defensive football and doubt I ever will.

I am one who thinks it is negative mate. I will question it and I have done. I won't have that Carlo is infallible but doesn't mean I think I know better either. I just post on what I am seeing and try(sometimes very difficult) to see the bigger picture.

I don't think these players are as bad as some of these performances suggest and nothing will change my mind on that. I have never liked defensive football and doubt I ever will.

None of our players are terrible, but as you no doubt know, it's not just about having decent or good players.

Now, I'm not in any way saying you don't need good players, because good players make a managers job a lot easier. It's not rocket science. However -again, as you'll no doubt know- there needs to be a balance to the team and that's where we are struggling. Too many of these players don't compliment each other, and in some positions *looks at the number 2 jersey* we just have no decent options.

It's all about the players imo. Would anybody think that a right sided version of Leighton Baines, for example, wouldn't instantly make this team much, much, better? It's really that straightforward for me.

Why is there this weird flex on anyone anytime they question the manager, very bizarre. He's not infallible and fans are allowed to voice opinion or concern. it doesn't mean they've turned on carlo.

Absolutely nothing wrong with questioning him, plenty to have a go at there. For me it’s the overall culture of negativity though. You wouldn’t think only a few weeks ago this manager ended the curse at Anfield, had us in 4th, and into the quarters of the FA Cup all whilst missing a lot of his best players.

Despite this though he seemingly has less credit in the bank than Martinez in his third season. People have compared it to Allardyce, put most of the wins down to pure luck and are gleefully predicting we lose every game before it’s kicked off. It’s odd for it to be so negative about a manager who on paper came in and sorted us out from the position of 15 points from 15 games, then has us challenging for Europe the next year late into the season and managed to win at Anfield. Very very odd.

Absolutely nothing wrong with questioning him, plenty to have a go at there. For me it’s the overall culture of negativity though. You wouldn’t think only a few weeks ago this manager ended the curse at Anfield, had us in 4th, and into the quarters of the FA Cup all whilst missing a lot of his best players.

Despite this though he seemingly has less credit in the bank than Martinez in his third season. People have compared it to Allardyce, put most of the wins down to pure luck and are gleefully predicting we lose every game before it’s kicked off. It’s odd for it to be so negative about a manager who on paper came in and sorted us out from the position of 15 points from 15 games, then has us challenging for Europe the next year late into the season and managed to win at Anfield. Very very odd.
I totally get this, we need a pot to give a glimmer of hope back to the fanbase as it has become all doom and gloom despite on paper the future looking fairly rosy.

I totally get this, we need a pot to give a glimmer of hope back to the fanbase as it has become all doom and gloom despite on paper the future looking fairly rosy.

We’ve never been in a better position in our prem history. We finally have a world class manager at the helm, we have money to back him, a new stadium on the horizon, and Spurs Arsenal and maybe now Liverpool are looking weaker than any point in recent times. We’ve shifted a lot of rubbish out the squad and started getting decent players in. We’ve also shed a few hoodoos this season. You would think though we were 16th the way some are going on.

I think with the league being what it's like this season, with so many teams usually expected to do well dropping a lot of points, many fans probably see it as a missed opportunity and it might be where the negativity stems from.

I personally think he's doing well considering how bad the squad is. I don't think the current squad is at the same levels as it was under Martinez, for example, and yet we've still managed to win an awful lot of games including at bowser's castle. On top of that improvements in individuals such as Keane, DCL, others to an extent too

I think any disappointment would come mainly from a sense that we have marched up the hill, only to fall short towards the end. In terms of finishing in the top six or seven, that is. That feeling can be worse than spending the entire season in mediocrity, with no standout results. Winning away at Spurs and the RS sort of indicates we should secure European football to obtain maximum benefit from our efforts.

Undoubtedly Ancelotti has improved results if not performances, and has improved some players noticeably.

Say we finish 8th. It will be a marked improvement from last year but nobody in the football world will be pulling up trees, I wouldn't imagine Ancelotti would either.

If we finished higher, then despite all of the difficulties, it would say to me that Ancelotti found a way, as he does, to put some meat on the bones and record something tangible for the club at seasons-end.

It doesn't negate his work if we fall outside European qualification, but it infinitely increases the pressure for next season when things may settle down and we have more predictability.

Europe is probably seen as possible but not likely for this year, and I'll figure that was the view at the beginning of the season.

But, if not this year, then its a must next. Thats the way football works. There will be plenty of people waiting in the wings to dismiss Ancelotti as just another Everton manager who huffed and puffed to no avail otherwise, regardless of his spectacular achievements in the game. They were doing it when he was at Napoli and it would be the same here.

Nah, not having that. Obvious is obvious.

I reckon you stink (no offence intended) of Tuchel or Nagelsmann or somebody.

If you did want Moyes I wouldn't knock you for that. I've always maintained that he's a very good manager. Certainly a lot better than Koeman and Silva. In fact, he did the job of both Koeman and Walsh on his own, and did it a whole lot better, with next to nothing in terms of net spend.

I don't believe we should ever get him back though, because it would be divisive.

Just don’t even have the energy to respond to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back