Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he could do something about it then?

I actually think he is largely ok with how we're playing and that he feels like a lot on here do where better players are the real answer. And he's not all the way wrong except that if we want to do something like play in the CL we are probably not ever going to have the talent our competition has so maybe start working things out for that now?
Ring up

• 3X CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER. · Real Madrid: 2013/14. ...
  • 1X ENGLISH CHAMPION. · Chelsea FC: 2009/10.
  • 1X ENGLISH FA CUP WINNER. · Chelsea FC: 2009/10.
  • 1X SPANISH CUP WINNER. · Real Madrid: 2013/14.
  • 1X GERMAN CHAMPION. ...
  • 1X ITALIAN CHAMPION. ...
  • 1X ITALIAN CUP WINNER. ...
  • 1X ITALIAN SUPER CUP WINNER.
Carlo Ancelotti and tell him what he's doing wrong mate. Tell him to do something about it.

You completely have the situation sussed out mate.

Ring up

Carlo Ancelotti and tell him what he's doing wrong mate. Tell him to do something about it.

I could’ve sworn he’d won more Italian titles than that.

Ring up

It's 2021 I'm really not arsed about who the best manager in 2010 was. Which by the way was Mourinho so...

I am starting to feel a bit sorry for managers now, where is the pride in players gone, never thought it would get like this a sport where competing is secondary to being paid.

I can't stand what has become of the game, they really are the definition of mercenaries. Carlo won't have experienced this before, he is used to working with winners, players who have the correct attitude towards the game despite being the best consistently.

A lot of it is mental and looks like the majority of players only want to win by joining an already established team. I'm ranting a bit but I am becoming frustrated at these half assed performances, it boils my blood.

It's 2021 I'm really not arsed about who the best manager in 2010 was. Which by the way was Mourinho so...
I am not sure this is an argument you should pursue.

CA is a manager respected all across the football world as player and manager. This is not just an Everton thing, the man is a football legend.

I do think he has made mistakes.. so has Pep, Klopp and every other manager but I feel that most of us cannot even scratch the surface of the thought processes involved when he analyses forthcoming games.

Who decides who the best manager is or what does it even mean, twelve months ago Klopp was a god and Pep had been found out , now the situation could arguably be reversed.

However, over a long number of years CA has been involved in management at the highest level and I think it fair to argue that with age comes wisdom so we could possibly have him at his very best years.

I don't think there is a doubt about CA, for me the question is if we can provide the finances to enable him to buy the players we need.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the players he will have to work with.

I am not sure this is an argument you should pursue.

CA is a manager respected all across the football world as player and manager. This is not just an Everton thing, the man is a football legend.

I do think he has made mistakes.. so has Pep, Klopp and every other manager but I feel that most of us cannot even scratch the surface of the thought processes involved when he analyses forthcoming games.

Who decides who the best manager is or what does it even mean, twelve months ago Klopp was a god and Pep had been found out , now the situation could arguably be reversed.

However, over a long number of years CA has been involved in management at the highest level and I think it fair to argue that with age comes wisdom so we could possibly have him at his very best years.

I don't think there is a doubt about CA, for me the question is if we can provide the finances to enable him to buy the players we need.

At the end of the day it all comes down to the players he will have to work with.
Carlo is highly qualified and it also means nothing at all with regards to his performance as Everton manager. That's the argument.

We're facing one of the best teams in the world with a half mangled squad and our keeper has just made his PL debut, Yeah no one is expecting anything tomorrow.

They are though. They’re expecting Davies Gomes and Siggurdson to ‘have a go’ and dismantle City in a fluid attacking style. There’s only one way for us to win tomorrow with the players we have out against theirs and every man and his dog knows it, and both of two of the best managers of all time know it also. If we try and do it though, there’ll be the same lot moaning on here that the football is the worst they’ve ever seen ever from any team ever in the history of football it’s making their eyes bleed, then they’ll just exhort Carlo Ancelotti to tell his midfielders to ‘have a go’ a bit more.

Big game for Carlo tomorrow... Can he fashion a side that can get a result out of this game. Its a one off, knockout game, he will devise a plan and if the players execute it properly we will prevail!

Ring up

Not good enough.

Carlo is highly qualified and it also means nothing at all with regards to his performance as Everton manager. That's the argument.
I think we are still arguably in contention for a CL spot because of CA. I think we all accept that another three or possibly four quality players are needed to get us to a position where we could think we have a realistic shout at fourth place.

The manager has chopped, changed and coaxed results out of this team in spite of injury and suspension.

When you look at our squad as a unit you realise the job he has done so far.

But, ultimately you can only go so far.
We cannot lose Pickford,Doucoure,JR , replace them with Virginia,Gomes and Iwobi and still expect to win games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back