Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but that is an utterly cowardly way to approach a game and we got all we deserved with those two late goals.

I'd rather have a go and get beat 6-0 than set up like that.

SHAMEFUL.
But it would have been 6-0 if we opened the game up - did you not watch the last few mins when we did open it up - they were cutting through us easy.

The tactics employed were the right ones and the only ones to give us a punchers chance of glory. Any other way would have seen us get pasted

Should have just give up the game before we kicked a ball then shall we
We don’t have the players. Pickford, Doucouré and James they are all out. I don’t agree with this give it a go theory if we don’t have the players we defend and hoping to nick one from a set piece no problem at all.

"Tactically we were fine."

What was the game plan to be fine? Sit behind the ball all afternoon and offer nothing to attack in open play and go out?

Job done.
We had a few chances, yes we had to defend for the bulk of the match but in no way were we outplayed today. Tactically Carlo and the team had a plan, it worked pretty much as we thought it would but we didn't create as much as we needed to when the chances arose but City are class and at the moment we aren't near them in those terms.

Ancelotti has been a great manager. But I dont think he can work at this level.

I dont want him gone, but for me we are terrible to watch and lump it way too much. Like watching a Moyes tream at times.

Either give him the cash to get footballers in or start again.
Mate when you believe Martinez is better then for most people there isn’t anything can say about.

I for one fully expected us to go toe to toe with a billion pound squad.

Here you go Carlo lad, enjoy this new Pushbike, we expect you to keep up with the F1 car on the track kidda.

I kind of get what he was trying to do but, again, it boils down to "brilliant individual moments" rather than any semblance of a system.

I'm not mad, injuries really have hurt us and we played one of the best teams on the planet but we just never seem like we have a good idea of how to play going forward.

But it would have been 6-0 if we opened the game up - did you not watch the last few mins when we did open it up - they were cutting through us easy.

The tactics employed were the right ones and the only ones to give us a punchers chance of glory. Any other way would have seen us get pasted
There was no counter attack game there: no puncher's chance. We shovelled the ball out to them from defence and then watched it come back again - PRACTICALLY ALL GAME.

I felt sick watching that. It was a club with no dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back