Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, people moaning that we didn’t go toe to toe with city

I can’t even

The absolute state of you clowns

Think tactically Carlo got it spot on tonight with what we had at our disposal.

My issue is more that in both of our Cup QFs this season, we've not been able to compete at our best because of the state of our squad.

It's a recruitment issue, exposed by injuries, and results in us having to just do what we can. But it doens't mean we should brush it over.

There's so much work to do, yet we've spent half a billion. We're three years into our DoF's tenure, yet have not been able to fully compete or push for wins in our two biggest cup games this year because of the state of the squad.

Did you also expect them to hide behind the couch for 90 minutes?

To be honest mate I understand the frustration. We never looked like threatening them despite trying to play on the counter. A few times we won the ball back and then lacked any serious options to go forward.

Problem is these rats are different to anything else in the league. The chips are absolutely STACKED in their favour, they are in with a shot at winning everything purely because they have the one of the deepest and most expensive sides in history.

Not a problem with the game plan but we need so much more quality on the ball. No point in working hard against quality teams if when you get the ball you give it straight back.
Correct. We can only work with what we have and most of that is is below the level needed to win anything. I know that, you know that and I am pretty sure Carlo knows that. That just means in the summer we will see just how serious our club is about really starting to challenge the best teams....we will see this by the the amount of quality players we buy

That happened because everyone just decided to stop playing thinking the ref was going to blow his whistle. Just idiots on the pitch there. Gylfi had a chance to kick pop the ball up and pulled back because, again, they THOUGHT they were going to blow the whistle.
True, but look at the starting position of the back line. We'd pushed way up, creating space in behind that hadn't been there previously.

What point? You'd have to be unbelievably kin' stupid to say that you'd rather lose 6-0 then set up like we did.
There is no difference in losing 2-0 or 6-0 in the FA Cup, you lose either way. Our inability to cause them any trouble is worrying. It’s a pattern we have seen quite a bit this season, even against poor opposition. I don’t blame Carlo though. I just hope we back him in the transfer market this summer.

To be honest mate I understand the frustration. We never looked like threatening them despite trying to play on the counter. A few times we won the ball back and then lacked any serious options to go forward.

Problem is these rats are different to anything else in the league. The chips are absolutely STACKED in their favour, they are in with a shot at winning everything purely because they have the one of the deepest and most expensive sides in history.
they can bring on KDB, our attacking option to get back in the game was Alex Iwobi. Nuff said.

How so? We just didn't take the chances that came, perhaps could have been a bit more creative but the game went pretty much as we all thought and I'm sure Carlo thought the same. How is that flawed?
Chances 'plural'?

A header off the line. That was it.

There are many other teams that would have made more of a fist than we did tonight.

There was no counter attack game there: no puncher's chance. We shovelled the ball out to them from defence and then watched it come back again - PRACTICALLY ALL GAME.

I felt sick watching that. It was a club with no dignity.
There was a 15 minute spell before half time where we did ok on the ball - we were pushed back second half and you get more cautious/tired as you get closer to the end.

I’ve had my issues with our use of the ball this season- it should be much better than it has been but I’m not hammering them for that - they ran themselves into the ground against a far superior side who wheeled out a fresh mahrez and de bruyne off the bench

True, but look at the starting position of the back line. We'd pushed way up, creating space in behind that hadn't been there previously.
Oh, definitely because we needed to score but everyone literally just stopped playing. Theres this weird mental thing that players at the top level stop when they EXPECT a whistle or flag instead of just playing the damn whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back