Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
People criticising Carlo over that game are utterly clueless. The gameplan was the right one, and the only one that was realistic given our personnel issues. We would've got torn apart if we'd tried to attack them, as evidenced by the second goal when everybody had pushed up.

He's done well against the big teams this year and it's with that set up of backs to the wall and try and nick a set piece or a breakaway.

Problem is, there's no other plan.

To be honest mate I understand the frustration. We never looked like threatening them despite trying to play on the counter. A few times we won the ball back and then lacked any serious options to go forward.

Problem is these rats are different to anything else in the league. The chips are absolutely STACKED in their favour, they are in with a shot at winning everything purely because they have the one of the deepest and most expensive sides in history.
I dont think we can use that as an excuse. Yes, it matters a great deal. But we had a shot there tonight and didn't even get the bullets in to fire them.

Can’t argue with the set up etc tonight, we made it competitive and performed better than I expected. We need to find a way to cause teams problems though. I don’t know what the answer is, but we really have to find one.

Chances 'plural'?

A header off the line. That was it.

There are many other teams that would have made more of a fist than we did tonight.

You're upset, we all are, but there's no way you go toe to toe with this City side and come out on top. Madness to think otherwise.

There was a 15 minute spell before half time where we did ok on the ball - we were pushed back second half and you get more cautious/tired as you get closer to the end.

I’ve had my issues with our use of the ball this season- it should be much better than it has been but I’m not hammering them for that - they ran themselves into the ground against a far superior side who wheeled out a fresh mahrez and de bruyne off the bench
...and he made no subs.

Give him grief for the Fulham and Burnley matches but tonight was a good effort. They were the better team but we could have nicked it which was the plan.
I did give him grief for those games but we are even worse off now in terms of missing key players. It looked like he wanted us to frustrate them for the first twenty and then come out a bit, but it didn't work because we don't have the legs or physical presence. I was impressed with the overall discipline until the inevitable tired loss of concentration.

He's done well against the big teams this year and it's with that set up of backs to the wall and try and nick a set piece or a breakaway.

Problem is, there's no other plan.
Amd what plan do you expect. A staring 11 & bench 220mil compared to city’s 800. They had 430mil on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back