Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we want, do we want Carlo and his recruitment of ageing ex players looking for a final pay day or do we want young hungry athletes like Godfrey.

The thing is Carlo has come out and said Doucoure wasn't his choice whilst James and Allan certainly were. Ancelotti doesn't prioritize athletic players. I think our two best signings have been Godfrey and Doucoure precisely because they add athleticism.
Although I agree and add that he didn't recruit Godfrey as he was a scouted player ,the reason Godfrey and Dukes have looked so special is because we had none before ,I am not decrying them but it is just that they brought something new to the team .
It is easy to compare us with City and say we should sign those kind of players but at the moment they probably would not come ,not that you were comparing I am just adding a point that is being made on here

We need to spend similar to Chelsea this summer if we want to bridge the gap for real, not just a season, we want to play with the big boys we need to start acting like a big boy and getting some top young hungry players. If we can't get top quality then people with Godfrey's attitude will be next best.

Next season simply has to be a serious step up on all fronts.

What do we want, do we want Carlo and his recruitment of ageing ex players looking for a final pay day or do we want young hungry athletes like Godfrey.

Id argue that Doucoure Allan and James have been three of the players who have cared far more about how we’re playing than most. I wouldn’t say they lacked hunger, just fitness at times. I don’t actually think there’s a problem of players not trying (which we’ve had in the past) it’s a problem that some of them no matter how much they try just aren’t good enough.

The major majority of our seasons post moyes at this stage normally we are like 6-10 points off Europe. Sometimes we make a late push and just miss out sometimes we just end up finishing bottom half.

3 points off 5 th and 4 off 4th with a game in hand at this stage is one of our most hopeful seasons post moyes. And arguably the most hopeful of seasons post that lucky Martinez/Moyes perfect storm season. And it's Carlo freaking Ancelotti at the wheel in his first full season we took 4 points off the RS including 3 at anfield. That alone gives any everton manager a good platform for his first full season. But as I said we are never 5 points off champions league in the month of April. We never have a world class manager.

This is not an everton thing plotters.

It's a you thing.

We need to spend similar to Chelsea this summer if we want to bridge the gap for real, not just a season, we want to play with the big boys we need to start acting like a big boy and getting some top young hungry players. If we can't get top quality then people with Godfrey's attitude will be next best.

Next season simply has to be a serious step up on all fronts.

The important thing very obviously, is that we spend well.

Spurs in recent years, and Leicester more currently are prime examples of squad strengthening without a massive net outlay.

I'm not an advocate of selling our best players, but we may have to sacrifice one for the greater good, perhaps Richarlison would generate the required funds. I'd rather not as I said, but we may need creativity and flexibility of strategy with an overall aim of a better squad of players at the end of a transfer window than at the beginning.

We can't give away our deadwood, and profit on player trading like it or not, has to be one of the available options for consideration. Hopefully we can also get a return on Kean if he isn't coming back either.

You are absolutely correct on Godfrey, in terms of attitude, athleticism, dynamism, and flexibility, we need those attributes from every new signing.

good morning buddies it is has been 3 days now since the everton failure to reach a semi has mirrored the exact reason why the floppy fathers are still angry. if u too struggle with making semi then we will be waiting in carlo cool down thread with hot chocolate and cookies.
Cookies? COOKIES? - We have buiscuits here TrumpLa.
No Cookies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back