Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are what, 7 places and 15 points below us. Would you swap places?
I have more confidence in the direction of Brighton right now. Switch Maupay and DCL and I'm pretty sure we'd be sweating relegation beyond what they are. I can see exactly what they can do to move forward quickly. Us? It is a long and complicated process.

Basically the only way you can say we're heading the right way imo is blind faith in Carlo's prior record.

what? Stop mate.

Liverpool missed an entire back line, and when the players came back they started getting results.

City lost their back line and were atrocious for a season. They then came back and were good.

Gang of cry arses swear to god.

that’s not me saying I’m happy with the result, just use some perspective.
Unfortunately a month or so ago we were also getting our 'better players' back. Didn't seem to encourage the manager to play more expansively; nor did it lead to better results.

Again. Two teams below us.
You didnt ask for sides above us, simply to name 'worse' sides than us who play better football and have a go.
The realisation that theyre worse than us would back up their position in comparison.
But finishing 10th on a quarter of our budget playing decent football against finishing 8th playing constant dirge, thats the bigger question.

I have more confidence in the direction of Brighton right now. Switch Maupay and DCL and I'm pretty sure we'd be sweating relegation beyond what they are. I can see exactly what they can do to move forward quickly. Us? It is a long and complicated process.

Basically the only way you can say we're heading the right way imo is blind faith in Carlo's prior record.

The football we were playing when we had a coherent midfield on the pitch was much better than what we're seeing now. We'll get better.

But Ancelotti is never going to play Bielsa-ball, or even Potter ball.

The football we were playing when we had a coherent midfield on the pitch was much better than what we're seeing now. We'll get better.

That isn't that true. And even if we do want to play that game James and Allan are going to get hurt so not being able to cope isn't good enough.

Worse than Kopites our fans sometimes.

Mussing 4 central midfielders, missing wingers and a striker, yet fir some reason its Carlos fault.

Seasons fizzled out, but Christ, Allardyce, Koeman and Silva should be enough for you to appreciate the monumental project on Ancelottis hands here.
I wouldnt say its Carlos fault, i would lean to the side of 'he hasnt really done much of note' though.
And as a world class manager, if we'd signed a player of that same ilk, we'd be questioning his lack of difference so far.

We haven't had anything close to a first XI out since the 5th game of the season.

It doesn't matter who is in charge if we're going to have half the first XI out for 3/4 of the season.

No style of play will ever be visible here while we continue to get tens of serious injuries a season. There's no point bothering at the current rate.
Bit of exaggeration there don't you think? And anyway, do you think we're the only ones to have had missing players?

Doubtless every club in the league is saying the same thing.

City aren’t, Chelsea aren’t, United aren’t, West Ham aren’t, Liverpool are no longer, Spurs aren’t. Probably one of the reasons why they’re above us.

Leicester have been hit badly, Sheffield United also, Liverpool at times this campaign, not many have had the constant players missing we have though. Every game there’s new absentees often for no reason and then they’re out for weeks.

You didnt ask for sides above us, simply to name 'worse' sides than us who play better football and have a go.
The realisation that theyre worse than us would back up their position in comparison.
But finishing 10th on a quarter of our budget playing decent football against finishing 8th playing constant dirge, thats the bigger question.

I'm just trying to make the point that style isn't everything.

But more importantly, our current "style" isn't our norm anyway. If we're having the same conversation next season I'll be worried. But we're still trying to overhaul an absolute mess of a squad and we've had consistent injuries to the players we've brought in to revolutionise it. It will take time. We're not where we want to be, but I just think we need to cut Carlo some slack.

Especially tonight.

I’m not sure about this tbh, Allan and Doucoure have played in some absolutely putrid performances this season. We might have ground out a few more results but the football wasn’t really that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back