Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious... who of the unsatisfied ones, who want Ancelotti out, would you like in his place?

Genuinely, we’re a mid-table side, with bang average players, so who do hou think we can get? Who do you want us to get? Because I’m telling now, unless you want an Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, you need to just take a break.
We're a mid-table team, with bang average players . Agreed, and I would add 'with a bang average manager'. Let's not forget either that he did bring in 4 signings.

Curious... who of the unsatisfied ones, who want Ancelotti out, would you like in his place?

Genuinely, we’re a mid-table side, with bang average players, so who do hou think we can get? Who do you want us to get? Because I’m telling now, unless you want an Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, you need to just take a break.
It is possible to sign a good manager just like it is good players.

Talent wise those are not nearly as bad as they look because there is no coherence and continuity in the system. Not that they are good. But they aren't this bad.

They’ve always had someone to sweep up after them when Gueye was here. As soon he left though they’ve been terrible. All of last season they were shambolic under both managers and they’ve been terrible this season as well. They’ve been used to using as other players did the work for them. Now Ancelotti has put the onus squarely on them (for want of no other option) and the midfield basics of passing forward, tackling, making runs. Are just completely and utterly beyond them.

We’re not getting Simeone though, are we? lol

Not a knock on you mate, but Simeone is destined for a huge job like United/Chelsea if he leaves Atlético.

I don’t think it is, unless we absolutely nosedive off a cliff, we’re keeping Ancelotti. No moaning from him, we’re absolutely decimated with injuries, and no side in this league is competing with 7 first team players out.
That reminds me of the time we were being laughed at for suggesting we could be getting Ancelotti.....

What do you want mate?

Tell me a manager who can turn Sigurdsson, Davies, a 35-year old Coleman, Alex Iwobi into world beaters.

The clear out is starting, just be patient.
If these were all players that CA thought couldn't be improved tell me then why we didn't even try to get reinforcements in in January. Even with what's been served up in the last 3 months we find ourselves only a handful of points off the top 4. What happened to the much vaunted 'ambitious new Everton' in the January transfer market? We lost a golden opportunity to finish in a CL spot through our inactivity. Just one worthwhile deal might have been enough to have got us there eg Zaha for Iwobi plus £30m. Oh, I forgot, we got Josh King, on loan......

I didn't read anything stating that realistic options only were wanted. Are you suggesting that Bielsa would be a non-starter?

Well it was there.

*sensible answers , please

Why would Bielsa come here? Money, maybe but after just having built his squad at Leeds you think he’d want to come and do it again here, with some of the dross we have to shift? He’s 4 years older than Carlo who is being hounded out by some for being past it and you think a bloke who sits on a bucket is the way forward.

I assume you were kidding with Pep.

I’m firmly in put the football on the iPad whilst I do something else territory now. No way am I actually going to sit down and give us my full attention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back