Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The situation here is similar to the one at Arsenal.

You would need to go much deeper than simply sacking the manager to get to the root of what is holding the club back.
This is obviously true, but I think having this manager is a symptom of things and his refusal to look beyond next week when making decisions won't help anytime soon.

Needs another season before anyone can say for sure. Pulling the trigger now is stupid. Ancelloti alone will help us attract a better quality of player. That sqaud is terrible plus the improvements we have brought in have been injured alot or injured at key moments in the season. If we're here again this time next season I'll say you were right but calling for Ancellotis head now before giving him a chance to build a team does us no favours.
I’m honestly worried him getting the summer will see him bring in the likes of Koulibaly, huge wages and heading towards 30 who are only here for an easy payday.

He doesn’t have the hunger for this job. You can even see his enthusiasm has gone in his interviews.

This is up there with some of the worst football we’ve played.

Agree club accepts failure from top to bottom. Always has since the 90s and seemingly still does. What are we for and what are we doing? A squad that isn't good enough assembled at vast cost and a bunch of players who lack a killer instinct. We are a utterly pointless club going round in circles.
I'm not one for saying that Ancelotti is above criticism, but even a really top manager in his prime would struggle to contend with the way this club operates.

I think people are deluding themselves by believing that there is a plan. Ancelotti's remit will be the same as that of every other Everton manager in my lifetime: to keep the fans off the board's back. If you can do that with players either bought by a DoF who doesn't appear to answer to anyone, or produced by a geriatric U23 squad, you'll get a nice extension on a contract worth more than what most Champions League clubs are paying.

Oh, and if you can't do it, don't worry. You'll still trouser a cool £10m on the way out.

Well it was there.

Why would Bielsa come here? Money, maybe but after just having built his squad at Leeds you think he’d want to come and do it again here, with some of the dross we have to shift? He’s 4 years older than Carlo who is being hounded out by some for being past it and you think a bloke who sits on a bucket is the way forward.

I assume you were kidding with Pep.
Of course.

We were never going to be the finished article this season or even near it and I think most will be like myself in seeing how next season goes but my god is this turgid to watch.

I do worry that the players who we think are our good players are actually not THAT good too.

Ah well another season as good as dead.

We were never going to be the finished article this season or even near it and I think most will be like myself in seeing how next season goes but my god is this turgid to watch.

I do worry that the players who we think are our good players are actually not THAT good too.

Ah well another season as good as dead.
Bingo. Guys like Doucoure, Godfrey, and even maybe Richarlison and Allan really aren't all that. It’s like James, Digne, DCL and then it gets thin fast.

The issue is the whole ethos behind the club that he's trying to change. We are the best losers in the league and it takes time to change it. He's got to get rid of a raft of crap he's inherited

I’m honestly worried him getting the summer will see him bring in the likes of Koulibaly, huge wages and heading towards 30 who are only here for an easy payday.

He doesn’t have the hunger for this job. You can even see his enthusiasm has gone in his interviews.

My worry too.

End of the day though that's Brands job. By right Brands is supposed to be making the final decision on incomings and outgoings. Ofc Ancelloti can suggest players and they'll work together but ultimately its supposed to be on Brands. Today was bad but its also worth pointing out that's probably our worst bench ever, even our relegation fighting days probably didn't see one as bad. Injuries have plagued us with key players, beyond those players we're garbage. Really think he needs another season and a strong summer transfer window. As I said if we're still here end of next season then yeah you'll have been right all along. Let's see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back