Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is obviously true, but I think having this manager is a symptom of things and his refusal to look beyond next week when making decisions won't help anytime soon.
I really don't know what the answer is in terms of managerial appointments.

It seems like the club has never been able to move on from a decade of Moyes being Maximum Leader. After all those years of him sorting quotes for contents insurance and ringing Sky to say that we're moving to Virgin if they put our monthly subscription up, no one else knows how to do anything.

Bingo. Guys like Doucoure, Godfrey, and even maybe Richarlison and Allan really aren't all that. It’s like James, Digne, DCL and then it gets thin fast.

That Godfrey call is a bit off. Although he is still pretty raw there is a bunch of potential there.

I would absolutely throw Digne in that possibly not great mix.

That said a few strong additions to the first team and those on the cusp of being good should start to look much better in theory.

End of the day though that's Brands job. By right Brands is supposed to be making the final decision on incomings and outgoings. Ofc Ancelloti can suggest players and they'll work together but ultimately its supposed to be on Brands. Today was bad but its also worth pointing out that's probably our worst bench ever, even our relegation fighting days probably didn't see one as bad. Injuries have plagued us with key players, beyond those players we're garbage. Really think he needs another season and a strong summer transfer window. As I said if we're still here end of next season then yeah you'll have been right all along. Let's see though.
But we know Allan and James were definitely Ancelotti signings. He favours experience as he can’t be arsed to nurture young talent. That’s why he shipped Gordon and Kean out despite them being better options than some that have stayed.

Also, next season, because he’s more than likely utterly failed at it this season, his objective will once again be Europa. That’s just not good enough heading into his third season as manager.

He needs to go at the end of the season. He’s failed and he’s not justifying his enormous wage when pretty much any run-of-the-mill manager would have us 8th-12th in the league.

I’m honestly worried him getting the summer will see him bring in the likes of Koulibaly, huge wages and heading towards 30 who are only here for an easy payday.

He doesn’t have the hunger for this job. You can even see his enthusiasm has gone in his interviews.

This is up there with some of the worst football we’ve played.

As much as I will back him the last sentence is undeniably true.

Maybe the lack of crowds adds to it, hopefully that's the case, but we are so boring to watch. 90 minutes of chugging around doing nothing whilst praying that we either create a bit of magic or don't mess up in defence.

That Godfrey call is a bit off. Although he is still pretty raw there is a bunch of potential there.

I would absolutely throw Digne in that possibly not great mix.

That said a few strong additions to the first team and those on the cusp of being good should start to look much better in theory.
Digne is an excellent player, he's just a modern fullback that is built for a team where attacking and passing are what fullbacks need to do and we aren't that side.

Godfrey can get better but the point was right now he is not high level.

I really don't know what the answer is in terms of managerial appointments.

It seems like the club has never been able to move on from a decade of Moyes being Maximum Leader. After all those years of him sorting quotes for contents insurance and ringing Sky to say that we're moving to Virgin if they put our monthly subscription up, no one else knows how to do anything.
I don't know either.

But we know Allan and James were definitely Ancelotti signings. He favours experience as he can’t be arsed to nurture young talent. That’s why he shipped Gordon and Kean out despite them being better options than some that have stayed.

Also, next season, because he’s more than likely utterly failed at it this season, his objective will once again be Europa. That’s just not good enough heading into his third season as manager.

He needs to go at the end of the season. He’s failed and he’s not justifying his enormous wage when pretty much any run-of-the-mill manager would have us 8th-12th in the league.

It wont happen unless he decides to go. It just wont.

It would probably destroy us too purely from how crap it makes us look.

Digne is an excellent player, he's just a modern fullback that is built for a team where attacking and passing are what fullbacks need to do and we aren't that side.

Godfrey can get better but the point was right now he is not high level.

Digne CAN be an excellent player. When was the last time he actually was though?

OK he is a left back, I don't expect him to do everything but if our 3-4 best players turned up every week like they should do then we would be all the better for it. They never seem to do so.

It wont happen unless he decides to go. It just wont.

It would probably destroy us too purely from how crap it makes us look.
He’s a manager on the slide, I think most of the footballing world knows it. I don’t think we’d look crap for sacking someone failing miserably against the remit they were given.

We need to stop signing players like James, Allan and King. Players around 30 with horrendous injury records. You simply cannot build a team like that. People talk about needing another three or four players. The thing is that by the time you bring in those players and get them bedded in you need to replace the likes of James, Allan and King.

Sending Kean out on loan to PSG and then bringing King in on loan shows everything that is wrong with Everton and especially Carlo.

Plucky little Everton trying to buy success and they cant even do that right.

We would look ridiculous.
We already do look ridiculous. I’d rather roll the dice again than stick with someone serving up this absolute rubbish football and keeping us in the same positions we’ve been in with supposed worse managers.

We were never going to be the finished article this season or even near it and I think most will be like myself in seeing how next season goes but my god is this turgid to watch.

I do worry that the players who we think are our good players are actually not THAT good too.

Ah well another season as good as dead.
I think it's a very average squad.

Rodriguez is obviously quality, but he wouldn't be here if his career wasn't winding down.

Digne sometimes looks like he could play for a top side, but then he didn't establish himself at PSG or Barcelona, so maybe there's something missing with him.

The rest of them are either unproven or no better than decent.

Digne CAN be an excellent player. When was the last time he actually was though?

OK he is a left back, I don't expect him to do everything but if our 3-4 best players turned up every week like they should do then we would be all the better for it. They never seem to do so.
He's been good on the whole this year in a team that basically does nothing to play to his abilities. I'd take Digne over most LBs in the league if I was building my ideal team.

I'm more than willing to persist with Carlo, and I can't be too angry about the result considering our injuries. but the style of play has to improve. We are Everton, not Burnley or Stoke. Hopefully he can get some quality players in but we are fast moving away from European football and the results you can use to justify such 19th century hoofery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back