Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we know Allan and James were definitely Ancelotti signings. He favours experience as he can’t be arsed to nurture young talent. That’s why he shipped Gordon and Kean out despite them being better options than some that have stayed.

Also, next season, because he’s more than likely utterly failed at it this season, his objective will once again be Europa. That’s just not good enough heading into his third season as manager.

He needs to go at the end of the season. He’s failed and he’s not justifying his enormous wage when pretty much any run-of-the-mill manager would have us 8th-12th in the league.
The Kean and Gordon point I don't entirely agree with. Kean wasn't getting a look in with DCLs form and wasn't gonna be happy on the bench. Likewise with Gordon, he wouldn't be displacing Richy out left and he needed game time. Carlos had 1 full season really. Regarding Europa, the season isn't over yet. Let's see where we're at come end of the season. I think you've made your mind up and won't waiver on that and want to be proven right as you've stood your ground against other posters on the point. Just look at it logically, giving him another season at least makes more sense than sacking him for a bad run towards the end of the season. His win percentage is up with our highest managers with a pretty average sqaud, I think calling for his head is premature even if you turn out to be right a season from now.

As much as I will back him the last sentence is undeniably true.

Maybe the lack of crowds adds to it, hopefully that's the case, but we are so boring to watch. 90 minutes of chugging around doing nothing whilst praying that we either create a bit of magic or don't mess up in defence.
Doesn't keep other teams from not playing some of the worst football in the league on a weekly basis

Well for a start he could have retained Kean and Gordon. At least we wouldn't have the embarrassment of having to fill the bench with kids who've only just learned how tie their bootlaces.
Non-starter. First we don’t know if they want to stay last August and last January. It looks like they were seeking first team football instead of staying on the bench. Our usual bench warmers like Bernard and some starters are injured. I do not see how our manager can change much yesterday with Iwobi was the only option on the bench.

5 wins out the last 16 PL games -- maybe you might have to wait a long time for 'the next win'.
Well I will see how people will disappear when we get some good results. This will happen because we have Carlo, backed by Mr Moshiri. I am sure one day mate you will eat humble pie when your club gets some kind of success.

A general question for those who said there was no gameplan like yesterday, please advise our manager what to do with Iwobi on the bench?

Olsen

Godfrey Mina Keane

Coleman Davies Holgate Sigurdsson Digne

James Richarlison

A general question for those who said there was no gameplan like yesterday, please advise our manager what to do with Iwobi on the bench?

Olsen

Godfrey Mina Keane

Coleman Davies Holgate Sigurdsson Digne

James Richarlison
We know what you think

It’s all on the players, Ancelotti is untouchable and you are scared to sack him anyway because who would we bring in next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back