Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was there.

Why would Bielsa come here? Money, maybe but after just having built his squad at Leeds you think he’d want to come and do it again here, with some of the dross we have to shift? He’s 4 years older than Carlo who is being hounded out by some for being past it and you think a bloke who sits on a bucket is the way forward.

I assume you were kidding with Pep.
Ancelotti is stuck in 80's/90s negative Italian football. Bielsa is a progressive manager looking to push the boundaries.

The situation here is similar to the one at Arsenal.

You would need to go much deeper than simply sacking the manager to get to the root of what is holding the club back.
Agree club accepts failure from top to bottom. Always has since the 90s and seemingly still does. What are we for and what are we doing? A squad that isn't good enough assembled at vast cost and a bunch of players who lack a killer instinct. We are a utterly pointless club going round in circles.

A mediocre draw against a mediocre Brighton side, and yet more points thrown away against teams we should be beating. The season is heading for another 7th/8th place finish, and after all the hope and expectation earlier on in the season, then that would have to be considered a failure. Carlo still hasn't got these sort of crap, and limp performances out of the teams system.

But i still have faith in the Don Carlo, this is a crap team, but the players he has brought in have improved it. I said before than Ancelotti needs two full seasons in charge, but if these sort of performances are still happening next season, then the direction we're heading in, would have to be questioned.

But i trust and hope that Ancelotti and Brands can get more quality players in during the summer. But this season looks like it's going to be a wasted opportunity, but this has been the case for the past 26 years.

I never expected miracles given what Carlo was up against when he arrived and i still support him for the future but i really expected so much better than the tripe i have been watching the last couple of months. We are playing some of the worst and most boring football we have played in years and i cannot remember the last time i enjoyed watching us play. Some of the footy is as bad as when gravy was in charge of us which takes some believing considering he was one of the worst managers we have ever had.

Of course we were missing loads of players tonight but there have been plenty of other games since Xmas where we weren't missing so many and were playing ordinary teams and we were just as crud and lets be honest our home form has been absolutely embarrassing. I have no idea what we are trying to do. Players don't seem fit, motivated or interested and definitely not capable the majority of the time.

We are nowhere near good enough to be playing in Europe which we are unlikely to qualify for anyway given how we continually bollox up every opportunity with abysmal performances against ordinary teams. We look like a mid table team that is happy to be there and says they want to progress but never actually do because they are satisfied.

Worst thing is that i cant see this being fixed even in this summer transfer window as it is going to take a lot more than just a couple of decent players to sort this mess out. Going to be years.

Spurs at home next, well that should be a fecking good laugh with these blurts.

The joys of being an Evetonian lmao. lol

It’s just dull, uninspiring football with a likeable but dull manager.

He needs to go and a younger, more progressive manager needs to be brought in.

Everyone knows he’s not pushing us on, some will just continue to stick their head in the sand so they don’t lose face.

It’s just dull, uninspiring football with a likeable but dull manager.

He needs to go and a younger, more progressive manager needs to be brought in.

Everyone knows he’s not pushing us on, some will just continue to stick their head in the sand so they don’t lose face.
Needs another season before anyone can say for sure. Pulling the trigger now is stupid. Ancelloti alone will help us attract a better quality of player. That sqaud is terrible plus the improvements we have brought in have been injured alot or injured at key moments in the season. If we're here again this time next season I'll say you were right but calling for Ancellotis head now before giving him a chance to build a team does us no favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back